(32) The Letters

(⇈⇈her mom⇈⇈)
ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

 (⇈⇈her mom⇈⇈)ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

It didn't take much for Tony to forgive Vierra, she had just been doing what she thought was right. The Avengers facility had seemed empty without Clint, or Natasha. Without Steve, or Valerie, Wanda, her father or Bruce.

Vierra had grown to be at peace with it though. Tony was helping Rhodey to walk again after the Vision mishap at the airport. Vierra sat down next to the android on the orange couch.

"I'm sorry, Vis. It shouldn't have ended this way." Vision turned to Vierra "You are kind, Ms. Vierra, but you owe me no apology." Vierra smiled softly. "But you're wrong. I could've done plenty of things to stop Wanda, but I didn't."

"Well in that case, thank you for your apology, but I bear no ill will towards you."

"Thanks, Vision."

Vierra wandered along the halls after that, not really knowing what to do. She stepped into her room to find two letters, and a polaroid picture lying on her bed. Vierra opened the one marked 'From Steve'.

Vierra...
I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours. Maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was eighteen. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the Army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals.

And I'm happy to say that for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Vierra. I guess I thought, fighting was the only way, but I was wrong. And I'm sorry.

I made a promise to your father. So, no matter what, if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there.

Vierra smiled softly at the phone number scribbled at the bottom with the note 'Ps: Call me every time you get the chance.'

She gently pushed the letter back into its envelope before grabbing the picture. The woman was beautiful, and on the letter was her name in thick black letters. She shrugged before ripping it open.

My dearest Vierra,

I have found that your mother was a brave mortal Asgardian women by the name of Ada. The Valkyries called her the Black Dahlia. It was said she was courageous Valkyrie, and Loki took my memories of her on orders of Odin.

Unfortunately, she murdered by someone whom I don't know the identity of yet. I plan to find the identity of this murderer, but I felt the need to tell you what had happened.

I love you Vierra, and I shall get vengeance for your mother's murder.

Love,
Thor

Vierra couldn't believe how sad she actually felt. She had spent her whole life with her father promising he would find out who her mother was, and when he finally did, she was dead. Vierra took the photo folding it up, and shoving it into her pocket.

Now, she didn't have just two people to do right by, she had her mother, and she planned to be a dang good daughter, even if she was dead.

✷𑁍✷

Valerie sat in a chair next to Bucky who was sitting on a doctor's bed in Wakanda. "Are you two sure about this?" Valerie looked to Bucky, and he responded softly.

"I can't trust my own mind." He laughed "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everyone. They think they can fix Val's memories too, so I can finally fulfill my promise of a family." Valerie smiled as she walked over to Bucky.

She pulled him into a hug. "We'll be right there." She pointed at the double sided mirror. "If you need anything... just scream my name." Bucky smirked before nodding.

Valerie, and Steve stepped outside watching as the doctor did a body scan of Bucky. "So you, and Bucky, huh?" Valerie turned to Steve with a devious smirk "Yep. Apparently I have a thing for older guys."

✷𑁍✷

Vierra punched the bag in front of her furiously. She needed to release, and she didn't want to accidentally start another snow storm, so this was the next best option.

"Hey, kid." Vierra grabbed the bag making it stop. "What's up?"

"I got a mission for you."