(09) Chopping Wood

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸

Steve, and Vierra got Valerie in bed, and back to sleep. They decided to chop the wood after all, and were now outside. Vierra didn't use an axe like Steve did, with every swipe of her hand, the wood broke in half by itself

"You wanna talk about it?" Steve turned to the younger girl who instead stayed focused on her wood. "No... Do you?"

Right now, Steve wasn't thinking of Vierra as his daughter, but as a friend. "No." Steve laughed before explaining his feelings. "If you wanna know the truth, I kinda always thought Val, and I had this connection. And, of all people for her to be previously in a relationship with- well it's just strange to think about." 

"Wait." Vierra stopped what she was doing to turn to the man who mimicked her action. "You like Val?" Once again, Steve chuckled, "Is that weird?" Vierra shook her head abruptly. "You want my advice?"

"Look, if you're gonna suggest some other girl, Nat's been doing that for long enough—" "I was gonna say talk to her. And... who knows, maybe she'll, uh, end up liking you back." Steve stabbed the wood chunk again. "Never thought in a hundred years, that the best girl advice would come from a fifteen year old kid from a different planet."

Tony came out now fully changed as well. "Uh-oh. Here comes trouble." Vierra smirked as she got back to her work. "Hey, kid. Where's your dad at?" Vierra knew she didn't mean to, but the mention of  him annoyed her. So, Steve took the liberty of explaining what happened.

"Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?" Steve took another piece of wood, and chopped it in half. "Some of my teammates don't tell me things." He glanced to Clint who was helping his son with something else. "I was kinda hoping Thor would be the exception."

Tony glanced to the furiously chopping Vierra before saying
something strangely kind for
Tony Stark. "Yeah, give him
time. We don't what the
Maximoff kid showed him."

Vierra didn't walk over to the
pile, she used her powers to
bring the wood to her. "Earth's mightiest heroes, pulled us apart
like cotton candy."

"Seems like you walked away alright." Vierra's eyes betrayed her, as she looked to see Steve's reaction to the statement. "Is that a problem?" Tony narrowed his eyes at the man across from him. "I don't trust a guy without a dark side." He chopped another chunk of wood before adding, "Call me old fashioned."

"Well, Let's just say you haven't seen it yet."

"You know Ultron's trying to tear us apart, right?" Steve stayed where he was standing. "Well, I guess you'd know. Whether you tell us, or not is a bit of a question." Tony rolled his eyes "Cause its so bad that we're doing research—" "That would affect the team—" "That would end the team! Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the 'why' we fight, so we can end the fight? So, we get to go home?"