(23) There Will be Consequences

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

 (Valerie)BERLIN

(Valerie)
BERLIN

✸✸✸

Valerie rode next to Sam whilst T'Challa, and Steve rode in the seat in front of him. She itches to talk to Bucky more, to know what their life was like other than the few glimpses of it in her dreams.

Sam brought her out of her thoughts, by asking the dumbest question Valerie could think of. "So, you like cats?" "Sam." Steve warned.

"What? Dude shows up dress liked a cat, you don't wanna know more?" Valerie knew of Wakanda's culture, she knew of the Black Panther, she just didn't know why she didn't put it together sooner. When Vierra explained to her whom Shuri was the topic of T'Challa came up.

Of course, Vierra emphasized the fact that the once prince was single, but Valerie didn't care, she felt no attraction to the man. "Your suit... its vibranium?"

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior, and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" Valerie gulped inaudibly internally cringing when she remembered how easy it was for him to beat her.

How could she protect Bucky from that?

The bus parked, and Valerie hopped out to see Bucky in some large plastic container. She went for him, but Steve's hand latched onto her wrist. Valerie turned to the Captain, and he shook his head, Valerie hesitantly nodded knowing this wasn't a place for a fight.

Steve turned to a man wearing a grey suit with matching grey hair. "What's gonna happen to him?"

"The same thing that oughta happen to you. Psychological evaluation, and extradition." Valerie bit the inside of her cheek with her canine trying hard not to reply. "This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force commander."

"What about a lawyer?"

"Lawyer, that's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." Guards passed by with the four's uniforms, and Steve's shield. "I better not look out the window, and see anybody flying around in that." Sam commented watching them take his falcon wings before the four followed the guards behind a door.

✷𑁍✷

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell." The commander told them "Now do me a favor, stay in it."

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa reassures as Natasha steps up to Steve. "For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Steve stared forward "He's Alive."