(22) You Can't Control Their Fear, Only Your Own

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

 (This one will probably be kinda short, but it's back to being about Vierra

(This one will probably be kinda short, but it's back to being about Vierra.)
AVENGERS FACILITY

✸✸✸

"Pivot!" Ross screeched from the screen making the girls laugh. Neither Vierra, nor Wanda knew what Friends was, but they decided to turn it on anyways, and it was hilarious. Vierra wanted to be the one who showed Wanda all of the things American people do, but she didn't know half of them.

She did however introduce Wanda to pizza like she promised, and Wanda loved it. The screen froze, and the Maximoff girl turned to her new best friend. "Can I ask you something?" Vierra nodded. "If you could have, or be one thing, what would it be?" Vierra laughed "That's an odd question." Wanda smiled lightly before waving for her to continue.

After accidentally caking the surrounding area in snow, Wanda had finally gotten Vierra to calm down, so they watched tv, and randomly paused it to ask the other a question.

"I guess, I would just want to be normal for once. You know, have a crush on some dork who's absolutely adorable, and never do anything about it. I don't want to have to fight another psychotic robot." Wanda nodded "Vision says they are scared of us because of our powers."

Vierra didn't know what to say about that. She knew how sometimes the Avengers would walk on eggshells around her just to keep her from getting angry. Maybe she had just accepted their fear, but then something her father once told her came to mind.

"People are always gonna be afraid of what they can't understand, they'll try to make a monster out of you." Vierra swallowed down the lump in her throat. "It's kinda like my dad told me. He said," she made her best deep voice "You can't control their fear, only your own." Wanda laughed at Vierra's imitation, causing her to laugh as well.

"No, but seriously Wanda, it doesn't matter what they think. You have to worry about yourself, and that's it." Wanda smiled sadly. "Thank you." Vierra's eyebrows knit together "For What?"

"Believing in me, and my brother, but thank you." Her thick accent was laced with sadness "Wanda,I'm sorry." She pulled the Maximoff girl into a hug,"If I could, I would trade my life for his any day." Wanda shook her head swiftly "Pietro died for someone he loved, I don't wish death on you because you were the one he died for."

"I'm sorry." Vierra ignored the tears stinging her eyes. "It's not your fault." "You have no idea how much that means to me." Wanda smiled softly "I wonder what Vis is doing." Vierra chuckled softly "I told you, depressing conversations."

"On the usual... I'm gonna go check on Vision though." Vierra leant back on her pillow. "And, I'm gonna stay here because I am such a third wheel when I'm around you two." Wanda stopped at the doorway turning to Vierra "Third wheel?"

"It means, I get like left out when I'm with you two because you are such a couple." Wanda rolled her eyes "I told you—"

"Go check on your robot boyfriend, Maximoff."