(07) Bringing them Back

ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ

✸✸✸  

"I have to get to my dad. " Vierra realized "Somethings wrong." Clint nodded, and Vierra hurried away to find her father.

Thor stumbled around aimlessly with a pained expression. "Dad?" Vierra rushed over grabbing his hands to keep him still. "Dad? Dad look at me." She grabbed his face. "It's Vierra." Thor tried to look away, but Vierra held him still.

"Wake up!" Gold circled Thor's pupils, and he laughed. "I am no fool. I know the face of my own daughter." This time, it was Vierra's turn to laugh. "You don't really believe I could think, so lowly of my father?" Vierra's accent was quite Americanized compared to Thor's, but you could still tell she was foreign.

Tony's voice played through the earpiece of each Avenger, "Natasha I could really use a lullaby."

"Oh, that's not gonna happen. Not for a while." Vierra sighed when Thor's eyes fell distant again like he kept falling back into whatever vision Wanda had put him through. "The whole team's down. You have no backup here."

"I'm calling in Veronica." Vierra could feel the presence of Clint behind her. "You were right." She muttered as she tried to get her father to focus on her once again. "They're our enemies. Next time, I won't make the mistake of thinking otherwise." Clint gulped "Look, Via—"

"I think I can coax them out of their visions. It almost worked with my dad, if I try again I think I can." She turned back to find Natasha slung over Clint's back. "If you can do that, things would go a lot faster."

"Leave her here. Go find the others." Clint nodded. "Tony, Via thinks she can fix everyone." The last thing Vierra heard from the man was, "I'm kinda busy with Hulk right now."

Vierra's eyes focused on her father's. She willed her eyes to convert, and she tried to put as much power as she could into her words. "Thor Odinson. You need to look at me. You were manipulated, and you need to wake up. LOOK AT ME!"

Thor's eyes flashed gold as Clint placed Valerie's body next to Natasha's. "Dad? You okay?" Thor nodded "I am proud of you, Vierra." The teen smiled "Thank you, father."

Vierra had gotten to Valerie when Clint came back again with Captain American. Natasha, and Thor both looked despondent, but they didn't look as if they were under Wanda's spell anymore, and that's all that mattered.

Valerie was particularly hard to fix. Whatever the Maximoff girl had made her see was either really enticing, or really horrifying. "Valerie it's me, Vierra. Your best friend. Come on, look at me. Valerie, look at me." Clint watched as gold encased the pupils of Valerie, and she blinked it away.

"I knew him." Clint kneeled down next to Vierra "Who did you know, Val?" "Bucky." Valerie was the only one to fall unconscious after being awoken, but the name confused the two. They knew who Bucky was, but how did Valerie know him?

Vierra shrugged it off, and moved on too Captain America. "Hey, Steve. Stevie-Stevaroo. Uncle Steve." Vierra did her best to blink away the drowsiness as she kept going. "Listen to my voice, okay? Wake up, Steve. Wake up." Just like the others gold circled the pupils of the hundred year old captain, and he backed away.

"How you doing, Cap?" Steve looked to Clint almost as if he had never seen him before. "Steve." Captain America turned to the younger girl. "Wake up." The two watched as Steve's blue orbs momentarily reflected the color of Vierra's.

"She did her mind thing on me, didn't she?" Vierra chuckled softly before responding, "Would you be angry if I said yes?"