(10) Hate to Say I told you So

The Avengers suited up. "I'll take Natasha, Clint, and the kid. Valerie's  still not feeling well." Tony nodded "Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus, and I'll join you as soon as I can."

Vierra headed down the stairs following in line with the two
men. "If Ultron's really building
a body—" "Then he'll be more
powerful than any of us. Maybe
all of us. An android designed by
a robot."

Tony leant into Steve, so only he could hear what he had to say next. "But, maybe not Vierra."

"Oh, my dad said he should be coming back soon, but I don't know when." Steve nodded, "You know, I really missed the days when the weirdest thing science created was me Nick walked by pulling on his leather jacket. "I'll drop Banner, and Johnson off at the tower. Mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?"

"She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope."

✷𑁍✷

Clint dropped Steve off near the lab, but not super close. "Two minutes. Make sure to stay close." The three listened to Steve's conversation through his earpiece. "Dr. Cho!"

"He's uploading himself into the body."

"Where?" Vierra could head much pained breathing which means Ultron must've already attacked them. "The real power is inside of the cradle, the gem, it's power is uncontainable." Vierra heard Dr. Cho inhale sharply "You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark."

"First I have to find it."

"Go."

Vierra paced the ship anxiously whilst she let the adults do the hard work. "You guys copy that?"

"We did."

"I got a private jet taking off across town, no manifest. That could be him." Clint noticed something on the ground "There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. We got three with the cradle one with the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative. If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Vierra watched as Steve tumbled on to the roof of the truck. Ultron blew off the door of the truck causing Steve to have to jump off the vehicle to dodge the hit.

Vierra looked through the windshield before patting Clint on the back.

"Open the hatch."

Clint did as instructed, and before Natasha could protest, Vierra was already flying over. "Well he's defiantly unhappy. I'm gonna try to keep him that way."

"I sent Vierra down."

"What?!"

"You're not a match for him, Cap."

"Thanks Barton." Vierra picked Steve up off the fallen door, but Ultron was quick to stop them. An energy blast flew from his fist throwing Vierra into a windshield, and Steve somewhere far off.

"Come on, kid. If you can't handle it, none of us can." Vierra nodded pushing herself off of the car to find Steve doing the same thing. They landed on top of the truck with a thud.