Chapter 20

Kayla Watts 1993
November ~

I woke up an hour early before my normal alarm would go off at six thirty and it was currently now five thirty.

My parents are usually awake by six so I have half an hour to get whatever I want to eat before I go to school. I usually starve myself in the morning as I don't want to sit down and hear my mom complain about whatever the fuck I choose to eat in the morning is not good for me. I would take a slice of bread and put whatever spread on it, then out of the blue my mother would tell me it's not good for your weight and constantly bring down my confidence.....well I don't have any.

So I will use this morning wisely, so I have enough energy for the morning.

I tip toed downstairs into the kitchen, in complete darkness as it was that time of year during the winter. I opened up the fridge of life when the white light glowed onto my skin as I scanned the fridge. I picked out some raspberries, knowing that there are easy ready made pancakes in the cupboard and I also took out a peach flavoured yogurt.

I placed the items on the counter as I boiled the kettle to make my green tea. I got a small plate, adding three pancakes on with the raspberries on top as I drizzled a little bit of honey as well.

After the kettle finished boiling, I added the green tea bag to the water, adding a few sugars as I can't drink the tea alone due to its weird taste.

I looked over at the clock and it was five fifty five, giving me only five minutes to get back to my room before my parents give me a huge rant on my eating habitats.

I got everything together and tip toed back into my room carefully so they didn't hear any suspicious noises. I placed everything on my nightstand as I went to go and close my bedroom door, falling on my back on the bed, sighing of relief.

Whew, this is like a sport.......

Kelly Brown- Williams 1993
November ~

'Oh Kelly Wait up!' Nick was running after me

UURRRGGGGG!!!!!!

'Not now Nick I'm going to be late for my class' I turned around to face him

'It's just one question though' he put his hands together

'Can it wait until after class?' I was very desperate to get to my drama class

'Well it's-'

'Please' I begged showing off my innocent smile 'only for me'

'Dang I can't say no to that' he fell in my trap 'I'll see you after class then' I waved him off as I rushed off

I looked at my watch and I see 1:30pm and I was supposed to be in class fifteen minutes ago......keep that shit up and my ass will find myself kicked out of this class, but hey, that's one less class with DeVante.

The class is usually dark as the lights are normally visible near the stage for acting purposes. If I do end up being late (which occurs on maybe one.....two....three- you know what I mean), what I find myself doing, is blending in with the dark so Ms Johnson doesn't see my black ass sneaking in. It's like a routine, I would walk very slowly so she doesn't hear my footsteps and hop up the stairs very carefully, finding any available seat, but I failed to do so today......

As I was walking up the stairs, a bright white light was lingering around my feet, then all of a sudden it stopped right on me.

Now how embarrassing is that?........I didn't even make it all the way.

'WILLIAMS!' She shouted 'YOU'RE LATE!'

Well no shit Sherlock!

'And if you think I haven't noticed during the past two months' she said which kind of scared me 'Do you want this part Kelly?'

No-

'Yes Ms' I responded

'Well start acting like you're interested and get yourself down here' She instructed me

'Can I at least place my stuff-'

'Don't test me Williams' Ms Johnson warned me

'Dang, I just wanted to put my stuff down at my seat before I went on stage' I muttered to myself as I walked back down the stairs to the stage

'You can leave your bag on the side' I plopped my bag behind the curtains

Now, How comes my dumbass didn't realise Ashley was up there.......on stage........reading my part? I know for sure Ashley doesn't have a part in the play where DeVante's character is on stage with her......like what character is she in Romeo and Juliet?

'Now Kelly, Ashley will be your replacement if you don't start coming to class on time and you don't want that to happen?' Ms asked as she cocked her eyebrow at me

Look I don't care if anyone replaces me, What we're not finna do is make me lose my part to THAT.......

'No Ms......'

.......

Now I realised that this chapter was going to be way too long if I carried on with it so you'll see the next part in chapter 21.