Chapter 31

Kelly Brown- Williams 1993
December ~

Back at it again with this second letter. The last couple of weeks have been very hectic for me and when I mean hectic, there is constantly drama every single day.

I got my very first detention at my new school because I fell asleep in my English class.......but like if I was bored, what do you think I'm gonna do?........well that was supposed to me be my first detention but it got rescheduled as I had to stay behind with DeVante so we could learn to 'get along'.

My drama teacher got sick and tired of us fighting- oh I don't think I told you this but me and DeVante are cast as Romeo and Juliet for our production because Ms thought we would 'look good together'........anyways, it was a struggle for us to be in character because we constantly argued which drove our teacher over the roof. It was good for the both of us to be alone and open up a little, as we got to talk more than being at each other's throats.

I've also had my fair share with disagreements and a little bit of bickering with Ashley........DeVante's current girlfriend. Believe she tried to say I was trying to steal DeVante off her! I will never deny that I still have feelings for DeVante but I'm not the one to steal a man when he clearly has shown that he doesn't want me.

Nick is another one that I tried to get along with as I did find myself attracted to him and still do, but I'm really not trying to get my feelings hurt again......Especially when everyone knows he's the 'Player type'. I've heard from people that he has a habit to get with girls that he has potential in the bed with, but then I hear that he genuinely likes me and he's also said it himself. I don't want him to view me as an object because I'm so much more than that.

And it's sad to say, I haven't had the best relationship with my foster mother as well. I fathom that she has to go to work as she works very late during the weekdays, but it's like on the weekends, I barely see her. It's hard for me to open up to her like I used to with my own mother. I can't just open up to her like that, you know I have a hard time trusting people with my issues, but my foster mother is like a stranger to me, I can't open up like that.........

'Your hand is like the a holy place that my hand is unworthy to visit......' DeVante takes my hand

'Good pilgrim, you don't give your hand enough credit......' I said

'Don't saints and pilgrims have lips too......?' DeVante said

'Yes, pilgrim- they age lips that they're supposed to pray with' I spoke

'Well then, saint, let lips do what hands' I cocked my head by accident at his line

I don't, but this sentence always catches me of guard......somehow........some way......

'Saints don't move, even when they grant prayers' I said

'Then don't move while I act out my prayer' he said

I know damn well he's supposed to kiss me first, not the other way round.......as it says in the script.

'Mwah' I blew a kiss at him as he looked at me weirdly

'WELL IT'S BETTER THAN THE BACK AND FORTH YOU TOO HAD!' Ms Johnson yelled for no reason

'You couldn't kiss me on the cheek or the forehead?.....' he thought

'Well sorry, in the script, it said for you to kiss me, not me to kiss you' I told him 'and I wasn't trying to kiss you anyways even if I wanted to' I folded my arms

'Ohhh, So you wanted to kiss me?......' he started acting all cocky

'What parts of I wasn't trying to kiss you anyways, did you not get?' I couldn't believe him

'THAT'S NOT IN THE SCRIPT!' Ms interrupted

I could tell that DeVante was on the same page as me as Ms Johnson was pissing us both right off.

'I'll kiss you the next time it comes up' he licked the top set of teeth as ignored his slick statement

I can't believe this nigga!

'Now my sin has been taken from my lips by yours' DeVante got back to his other line

'Then do my lips now have the sin they took from yours?' I asked back

'Sin from my lips?......'

Oh we have to kiss......again.

'Your Girl gone kill you' I reminded him

'She be aight' he brushed the thought of it off 'she knows it's just a play'

I know for a fact he's lying that Ashley's going to be fine with it.......especially when the girl don't even like me for some strange reason.

We spent no time gazing into our eyes as the both of us wanted it to be over with, very quickly. He hurriedly took both his giant hands and cupped my face with them as I held grasp of his hands. He pulled my face closer to his as our lips crashed together........no tongue involved, no slobbery shit, but just a harmless kiss.

Lasted about five seconds I should say.

.........