Chapter 48

1992

'What.....the hell.......is going on?' I said to myself quietly in shock as my eyes were wide open

The streets weren't usually busy and filled with different types of vehicles, but today, I saw other people's cars, police cars and ambulances surrounded around my Moms house.

A stretcher pulled out, placing a lifeless body with a white sheet that wrapped around the small figure, similar to my mom's figure.......No, it couldn't be?

I ran up to the scene from across the road, not caring what cars came from where that could possibly hit me. I just wanted to know if it wasn't who I thought that was in the stretcher.

'Little girl stay away' One of the ambulance crew said as he carried the stretcher into the vehicle

'No, who is that in there?!' I slightly screamed

'Miss, mind the-'

'TELL ME WHO THE FUCK IS UNDERNEATH THE SHEETS ON THE STRETCHER!' I screamed out not caring how crazy they thought I looked 'PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ITS MY MOTHER, LISA!'

The women that was about to close the door, gave me a melancholy look 'I'm sorry'

'No No NO NO NO NO!' I was screaming loud enough to loose my voice as I cried hysterically as the women closed the door driving, soon the ambulance was about to drive off

There was no questioning if she was alive, her body was still, just like a statue.

I looked around my surroundings as all the noise in the background started fading and everything went slow. I examined my house as yellow tape was around it. The sirens seemed to get quieter as the clinching of handcuffs made my head turn as I came in eye contact with my deadbeat father.

No questioning, it was him!

'Burn. In. Hell.' I made sure he could read my lips very carefully

I watched him go into the police car as I knew what I had said wasn't enough. All the pain he's caused on everyone: He's the reason why DeVante had to move to different states, He's the reason for Ritchie's death, He's the reason why I'm so fucking broken, Now He's the reason for killing my mom.

'YOU FUCKING BASTARD!' I shouted as I banged on the window 'I HOPE EVERY FUCKING INCH OF YOU ROOTS BADLY IN HELL. YOU FUCKING COWARD, I FUCKING HATE YOU, I'VE ALWAYS HATED YOU AND I'LL ALWAYS WILL-'

He sat their with no remorse as I balled out my eyes, banging on the window continuously, nearly hard enough to smash into pieces.

I felt a pair of large arms hold onto my arms as the police officer was dragging me away from the car before I could do any damage.

'GET THE FUCK OF ME!' I screamed 'HE FUCKING MURDERED MY MOTHER!'

'Ma'am, I'm going to need you to calm down' the police officer spoke calmly as he managed to pull me away from the car as it drove off

'He killed my mom.......' I sobbed, feeling hopeless '.......and I'm the reason for it'

'You didn't do anything-'

'I shouldn't have went to Tasha's house last night. My mom even asked me if I was sure I wanted to go.' I started wandering of as I was talking to myself 'My mom wanted to spend time with me......but I didn't. DAMN I SHOULD'VE STAYED WITH MY MOM! He wouldn't have never hit my mom when I was around him.......'

'Miss, are you alright?'

'This is all my fault......'

'What was all your fault?'

'Oh migh.........' I ran into my house knowing there was one way to solve this

I saw on the floor a gun that laid on the carpet as stains of blood absorbed into the material of the flooring.

'This must've been what he used to kill my mother' I said to myself as I picked it up checking if there was still a bullet in there

I heard footsteps, following me from the house door as I ran into the kitchen so I could finish what he had started.

'Don't. Come. Near. Me.' I spoke through my trembling tears as I held the gun up my head

'Put the gun down Miss' the officer said

'NO!' I shouted as I gripped the gun tighter, careful enough not to touch the trigger

'Ma'am I'm not asking you, I'm demanding you' the officer became tensed 'Put. The. Gun. Down. Now!'

BOOM!

I would've been better off killing myself, at least I would've been at peace.......But I just couldn't.

.........

'Somebody die?' Kim joked as I got into the car, giving her a look 'Dang, sorry' Kim said as she started the engine

'Look, I didn't mean that' I said 'I didn't sleep well last night'

'I can tell' Kim noticed 'but what's up with the new gothic look though?'

'You didn't know, Black is my new favourite colour' I leaned my head against the window

..........