Chapter 23

Kimberly Williams 1993
November ~

'Um, Yo Kim!' DeVante called out my name 'have you seen Kelly?'

Kelly.......what does he want with my sister?

'I was thinking you would've asked for Ashley' I laughed as he was being serious

'Look man I ain't playing' he said with a serious tone 'have you seen her?'

'No' I plainly said 'why are you looking for her anyways?' I asked

'I must've asked her to stay behind at school with me to go over our scripts for Romeo and Juilet' he explained as I just wanted to laugh

Out of all people, DeVante wants to do theatre.......

'No, but seriously-' I started to laugh

'DO YOU THINK THIS SHIT IS FUNNY' he got all in my face as he shouted at me causing me to swallow my laughter 'WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?'

I don't know!

'Now before you start shouting at me as if I'm some damn barn animal-' I held out my finger at him '-you better learn to talk to me properly. You wouldn't shout at your mother like that, so don't you dare shout at me like that again' I checked his ass

'Look I'm sorry.....' he apologised

'You better be' He cocked his brow at me 'anyways I haven't seen her, she might be in the toilets or something......Wait around for her, she'll come through'

Kelly Brown- Williams 1993
November ~

'What the fuck- how did you get in here?' I scared Kim as I calmly sat in the passenger seat

'I found your spare car key' I told her as I swirled the key around me finger, causing her to snatch it

'Ow-' I screeched at the pain, holding my finger

'You're si- Get over yourself' Kim rephrased her sentence as she got in the car

Kim started the engine and we were nearly about to drive off until she frightened the both of us 'OMG, SHIT!'

'What!' I shouted out 'we hit something?'

'No no no.......why the hell are you in here?' She asked which caused me to screw up my face

'What do you mean?' I asked 'I'm in here so I can go home' I stated the obvious

'Not that, why aren't you with DeVante-'

'I'm not with him because he's with your bestfriend.....duh!'

'KELLY! why aren't you staying behind with him for your drama performance?'

'What drama performance?' I acted clueless

Yeah I changed my mind......

'I'm not fucking stupid' Kim looked at me with all seriousness with her voice 'don't act like you don't know when the boy started getting worried and shit for you, shouting at me as if I stole something from him'

Oh shit! How do I get myself out of this?

'Oh he probably didn't get the message, I told Dalvin to tell DeVante that I had cancelled because I was busy-'

'Busy with what?' Kim cocked her eyebrow

'Well.....' I twisted up my lip as I had nothing to say

'What is the problem Kelly?' She asked 'why are you trying to avoid him?'

'Well I'm not, it's just that, I'm not ready to be around just him, it'll be too awkward' I admitted

Like DeVante hasn't really welcomed me properly and I would've expected him to do the opposite as he's known me longer than anybody else has but he didn't. We haven't had a good start since he avoids me, he would purposely show of with Ashley in front of me, causes arguements and you're telling me it takes a fucking hug from the stupid script to make him find an excuse to talk to me?

'I understand it's going to be awkward between you two but this is your grade, you don't wanna mess that up because some giraffe looking nigga is trying to make your life miserable'

'Reasons why I don't want to practice the script with him' I rested my head 'you know what, as Ms Johnson said, if I'm not interested, someone else can take my place and Ashley is my understudy and they have good chemistry, so the play would be even better'

Wow I'm really going to let Ashley win then......

'So you're going to let your emotions get to you?' Kim asked me

'Yep' I popped the P with all confidence

'Wow!' Kim couldn't believe it 'you're really going to let yourself down, you're going to let yourself be second place? Yes Ashley is my best friend and I want the best for her but your are not going to let yourself loose to her, that's your part, you worked hard to play Juilet'

Well.......really Ms thought me and DeVante just looked good together and how the hell did she know what play I was doing?

'Woah, I didn't know you cared for me that much?' I realised

'Blood or not, imma always care for you, that's what sisters do' she smiled at me 'now get your ass out the car'

'Yeah Whatever' I playfully rolled my eyes

I peeked at the rear view mirror, spotting DeVante walking by as it made me shoot right up, I unlocked the door as I fast walked just in time so he wasn't out of my sight.

'DEVANTE!' I shouted out his name as he turned around and did he not look happy 'Look DeVante-'

'So you were planning to go home?' He assumed very quickly

'No it wasn't like that' I said

'So what was it like then?' He questioned me as his eyes got darker

Why was he so angry?

'I just needed to talk to Kim, I was planning to-'

'You were planning to go because you knew it would be awkward, I'm not stupid Kelly, when you say you'll do shit, you'll stick by it but you didn't this time' he said, leaving me speechless 'you see, you got what you wanted anyways, I'm out'

'No DeVante I'll come and practice the script with you now' I tried to convince him

'Nah I'm good, I'll do it with Ashley' the last things he said before walking of

........