Chapter 35

Kimberly Williams 1993
December ~

'We need to talk, Now!' I said as soon as I saw Ashley hugging up all on DeVante

'But Kim-'

'Now Ashley!' My voice got deeper

'Alright alright calm down Kim, I'm coming' Ashley nervously laughed

'Imma see you at lunch, aight' DeVante kissed her cheek

'What's wrong Kim?' Ashley asked as we started walking through the busy hallways

'What did you say to Kelly yesterday to get her suspended for two weeks?' I spent no time dancing around the question

'She's suspended for two weeks' Ashley acted shocked 'how is this all my fault all of a sudden?'

'You didn't answer my question, what did you say to Kelly yesterday?' I asked her again

'Nothing' I could tell that she was lying to me

Even if Kelly didn't tell me what Ashley said, I can read that girl like an open book.

'So you're supposed to be my girl and you have the audacity to lie right in front of me' I stopped as my anger grew 'who on earth gave you the balls to call Kelly a hoodrat and say that me and my mom only felt sorry for her ghetto ass-'

'Well I wasn't intentionally saying it to her, I was saying it to Jasmine' Ashley tried to pull herself out of the situation 'she just happened to be in front of me when I said it'

'It doesn't matter!' I Shot right back 'do you know how disrespectful that is? You disrespected me, my mom and Kelly the most. Do you know how much shit she's been through?.....no. Why wonder she beat the crap out of you!You lucky that you're able to heal the bruises and the cuts on your face because I know damn well they can't heal death, didn't DeVante tell you not to mess with her?'

'Well he told me when it was too late' she plainly said

'Well he must've said something before, I'm sure.....' I said 'but I shouldn't have to come to you, as my best friend and tell you to stop pestering my sister, like she's done no harm for you to show hatred towards her'

'Yes She has' I didn't want to buy into her bullshit 'I knew of her before she came here, but it's like ever since she's got here, DeVante seems to change, like he gets real defensive of her'

'Have you told him about it?' I asked

'Yeah but he thinks I'm tripping like, when he gets defensive of Kelly, he acts as if she's still his girl'

'Well......that's not my problem or Kelly's problem, that's a problem you and DeVante have to sort out some way, somehow' I was being honest with her 'but at the same time, don't be messing with Kelly, you need to leave her alone because I'm not willing to lose my best friend over some little jealousy you have over Kelly for no good reason'

'But who said I was jealous?' Ashley was taken aback

'Ash, you're dating her ex, I know you feel a little bit threatened by her' I stated the obvious

Kelly Brown- Williams 1993
December ~

Now before you ask, I'm not in juvie, the school sent me to this place, so they don't feel like I'm missing out on my education.

'So what's the name?' A light skin girl was sitting with her legs open, looking at me up and down from her seat

Now this lightskin chick has been looking at me since I've got here. She's very pretty though, her eyes were a hazel like DeVante's, I wasn't sure if those lashes were hers but they looked pretty real to me. Her skin tone was a Carmel skin tone- again, just like DeVante's complexion. The only thing off about her was that she had a very.....very......macho side to her, which really didn't match and you could tell by the way she presented herself.

'Oh so you don't speak' I kept quiet as I sat myself in the empty seat beside her

Why the fuck did I do that?

'Oh it's like that then' she said once again 'you must think you're too cute to speak to people'

'Excuse me' I turned right around

'That's the only way I could get your attention' she said smiling

'Well, you can stop now' I said

'Yo, just tell me your name and I'll leave you alone' she said

'Why do you want to know my name so much?' I didn't understand the point of telling my name to her

'So I'm not allowed to meet new people........and fine ones too' she bit her lip, looking me up and down

'Okayyyy' I grabbed my stuff wanting to move as she was starting to creep me out

'Look I'm joking-' She Laughed, as she grabbed my wrist for me to come back 'since you wanna be all boujiee and shit, my name is Jordyn but you can call me J for short'

'Kelly' I plainly said getting back into my seat

.........