Chapter 51

Ashley Evans 1994
January ~

'Like I don't understand, why can't he he give me the attention I need, always giving attention to his ex, like your ex is an ex for a reason' I voiced out to Jasmine on the phone as I just finished crying my eyes out

'You know, ever since Kelly's got here, you and DeVante have been going south, like literally' Jasmine pointed out

'Exactly, I don't know how he can say I've started all this drama when his ex girlfriend has literally came back into his life to tear me and DeVante away and she's done a pretty good job at doing it'

'Do you think she still has feelings for him?' Jasmine asked

'Of course she has, and judging by the relationship DeVante spent moaning about the first time I met him, he seemed to be deeply in love with her, who wouldn't still have feelings for a man that showed that kind of loved them back?' I said

'I know you don't want to think this, but do you find yourself asking if he still has feelings for her?' Jasmine asked

What the fuck is this, therapy session?

'I really feel like he does, like he doesn't show that he cares about me one bit, he's always defensive of her and if something has to do with me and Kelly, it's always my fault' I said 'like all that shit he told me, saying he loved me and he'll always love me, I know he said that to Kelly before and he meant that shit to her, not me'

'Ashley, you need to stop comparing yourself to Kelly, like she's the old thing, your the new thing'

'I'm not a thing to him no more, I broke up with him remember? I can't tolerate the mistreatment I receive from him'

'Well girl do you, if that's what you wanna do I'm here for it' Jasmine supported my decision 'Imma call you later though, My moms is calling me'

'Alright then, bye' I said before I ended the call

I looked around my room with no emotion left in me whatsoever as I randomly threw the phone against the wall as I screamed out the anger and pain I was feeling.

Doesn't matter if it breaks, I'll easily get a new one.

'Honey are you alright?' My mom asked

'I'M FINE!' I shouted

'No you're not, tell me what's-'

'Mom why would you come into my room when I didn't tell you too!' I rolled my eyes

'Something isn't right with you, I just wanted to see if you're Alright' she said, opening the door fully

'Look, I'm fine mom, I'm just tired, I'm gonna go to bed' I said

'It's only Seven o clock, are you that tired?' She asked

'Yes mom, I'm tired, bye now' I pushed her gently out of my room

I slammed my back onto my bed, wondering Where the fuck did I go wrong? I'm actually thinking to myself if what DeVante Said was true. Did I cause all of this drama?......I don't know.

I know I'm not DeVante's type.....reasons why I act so god damn crazy. Like I knew when he got here, he wasn't even eyeing me one bit, or the other girls to be honest as he was still crying about Kelly.

A couple months into the school year, I don't know who was speaking in his ear but it's like he forgot about Kelly and was trying to find another girl to replace her. Not once did he eye me at all, it was always a black girl or a lighter skinned girl he preferred to look at. He looked at my friends way differently as to how he looked at me. I knew he liked Kim, I knew he did. He was trying his best to make her his, but she was just starting to date Dylan, she wasn't into that whole cheating business.

I would sit in the front of my English class and he would always be in the back writing something. I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I would stare at him until he sensed it. His head would bop up as I turned my head quickly, hearing my heart beating through my chest as the smile on my face would appear.

My friends finally told me to just talk to him and see how he feels. I was very nervous to do it because I knew he wouldn't Like me back, like what does he want with a white girl?

It was a bit shocking when he said he would give us a try but I didn't think it would last for a good amount of time, I thought he would've got bored of me. He kept on crying about Kelly at times and he also had this picture of them sitting near the window, near his wheel in the car which I hated because I felt like it disrespected me so much. Like you wanted to pursue something with me, but you have a picture with you and your ex girlfriend in the car?

I did always think about throwing it away behind his back, but I knew that would've added way too much fuel to flame, so I just left it until he was ready to throw it away himself. I had to force him hard to get over her but sometimes I always think that I didn't try hard enough.

..........

Now y'all can quit hating on Ashley😂