Chapter 28

Kelly Brown- Williams 1993
November ~

Believe it or not, DeVante's method of getting a girl really worked.......well I knew it would work, it was like he was envisioning himself as me when impressing a girl like Mary and what they want to hear.......or he was just mocking me, I don't know but K-Ci was smiling ear to ear yesterday and all I can say is that I'm happy for him.

'ASHLEY AND DEVANTE!' Ms Johnson called out their names as they just came into class 'YOU'RE LATE!'

'Karma for her Cindy Crawford wannabe ass' Mary muttered under her breath

'You find her annoying too' I said Mary quietly

'Who doesn't!' She blurted out 'Like her parents are so rich which makes her spoilt so she got that nasty attitude and you know what's worse, she's dating the finest brotha in this school so she gon act like she's the shit because DeVante got her ass hyped up'

'What do you mean by DeVante has got her hyped up?' I asked

'You don't know, it's like a prize for some of these white girls too date a black boy.....like it's a must have for them.' Mary explained 'See, they wanna hate us but they are so desperate to take our men'

'Is that Why Ashley always got a problem with me?' I thought to myself

I really let Mary's statements sink into my head for a couple of seconds. Obviously I'm blinded at this shit because I've never normally seen a white girl hate on a black girl (mainly because of where I grew up, didn't have many white People in the hood). I always thought Ashley's negative energy around me was because of jealousy, I know that Ashley knew of me before I came here because her attitude to me on the first day was disgusting and I still remember the exact words she said to me 'I was just busy thinking about what DeVante is getting for me'.

I don't want to think this unnecessary situation is about race and all but think about it.......Ashley's white, I'm black. She's dating my ex which so happens to be black. It seems to me that she doesn't like me and she's white, and she wants and has my ex and he's black and I'm black and she shows hatred to me........let's think about it.........

'Speaking of DeVante-' Mary snapped me out of my thoughts 'I heard rumours that you and him used to date' she bought up

'Yep, that's true' I admitted as if it was nothing

Mary turned her whole body to face me properly as her mouth was literally hanging wide opening and her eyes were about to pop out.

'He left you for that!' She was shocked but confused

'Well.......it is what it is' I shrugged my shoulders

'Girrrlllll!' Mary dragged out 'One day......just one day...... he's going to regret loosing you'

'He's going to look real stupid when he does' I laughed, knowing deeply I hope he'll regret it

'Okay we are gonna go over this scene again- KELLY!' My eyes adverted to Ms

'Yes!' I called out from where I was sitting

'I need you down here now' she said making me get up as I walked down the stairs to the stage

'Hope you don't fall while going down these steps' Ashley walked the opposite way of me as I ignored her unnecessary comment

'Now please, just for my sake, please try and do this scene without any arguments between you too' Ms Johnson begged us

'Well he's the one that starts it' I muttered under my breathe as DeVante's head turns sharply

'You the one starting shit first!' He uttered out his mouth

'ENOUGH!' Ms raised her hands up

'You see what I mean, that's why I would be the better Juliet' Ashley rose from her seat

The way I want to strangle her ass!

'One more outburst and you won't be anything in this play!' Ms Johnson Shot her eyes at Ashley causing her to sit down 'Now-'

DeVante must've took my hand and I was looking at this motherfucker like 'what the fuck are you doing?' I gritted my teeth as I snatched my hand away from him

'Are you fucking dumb, it says in the stage directions that I'm supposed to take your hand' he spoke harshly through his gritted teeth

'Well ms hasn't said it as yet' I said back

'And ms ain't gonna be here to spoon feed you every time through this play!' He spoke quietly 'now give me your hand!'

'No!' I spat

'Kelly Don't fucking try me!' DeVante narrowed his eyes as they got darker

'Or what.....' I was scared of what he might do next but I didn't let him see that 'JUST GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING HAND!'

Before I could do anything else, he caught grab of my hand and gripped it tightly causing me to hiss quietly in pain. I wondered to myself where all that strength came from as he dared never to handle me as if I was a man. I couldn't let go of his hold which was even more scarier for me as I felt as if the blood circulation in my wrist would cut of very soon.

'THAT'S IT!' Ms Johnson turned around seeing us two argue 'I'VE HAD ENOUGH YOU TWO ARE STAYING BEHIND CLASS AFTER SCHOOL, BY YOURSELF, SO YOU TWO CAN LEARN TO GET ALONG!'

'I've got a deten-'

'I DON'T CARE, YOU WILL BE IN THIS ROOM TONIGHT, SAME GOES FOR YOUR DEGRATE!'

........