Chapter 4

After school the next day, Harry sat in his usual seat and waited for Mr. Tomlinson to sit so he could tell him about his day with Jason. He would have at lunch, but Harry decided to wait till after school so there were less lingering ears

"So?" Louis started before talking about the book. "How'd it go? You hung out with Jason right?" Harry immediately smiled from ear to ear, never do happy in his life. He ended up telling Louis absolutely everything, trusting his teacher fully. Harry didn't know why, but he was growing really attached to this teacher. He cared for Harry and was always there to listen. He was a great and an amazing human. Louis trusted him and saw him as more as a friend/mentor.

The weird feeling of jealously became present. Louis shouldn't have felt so jealous because once again, that's his student Harry has every right to date anyone he wants as long as they're a student and not a teacher. With that, Louis forced a smile and listened to just how excited Harry was. To Louis, seeing Harry so happy made Louis happy.

"Mr. Tomlinson, he's literally so nice,"

"Harry, I just want you to be careful around him," Harry raised his eyebrow. "You're positive he isn't faking any of this?" Harry suddenly leaned back in his chair, that thought only passing through him once, which was now. Harry confidently nodded.

"The was he acted about the subject... trust me, he wasn't lying," Louis gave a small smile, really trying to be somewhat happy for him.

"Like I said, just be careful okay. His friends are dicks, so you never know the type of peer pressure he's got right now. So, just again, be aware of what's going on. I don't want you to get hurt,"

"Thanks," Harry said gratefully since Louis cared so much. He was glad to have someone looking out for him, but he was fine. Although, now he just wasn't 100% positive. He just had to go day by day and trust that Jason really is a nice guy who likes Harry. And not just another jock.
*
*
*

A couple weeks had gone by and today was Harry's last after school session with Louis about The Great Gatsby. Harry was crying when he walked into school this morning after reading about Gatsby's death. In homeroom, Harry told him that he finished the book and was heartbroken. Today was also the day Harry's bullies returned from their two week school suspension, and he was truly sad because now he and Jason (who were official) couldn't be seen together at school. Harry didn't want to force Jason to tell his friends about him, or even his parents because he knew what he was going through. Coming out to people that bully those who are openly apart of the LGBTQ community is hard, especially when they're you're best friends. Harry understood and tried to assure Jason that it was fine. Harry was okay with their relationship being a secret.

Period six was lunch, so Harry grabbed his lunch and headed towards Louis' class, only for him to not be in there. Harry frowned and walked in. Louis must've forgotten to lock the door before leaving. Harry went to his desk and saw a note addressed to him:

Harry, sorry I wasn't at lunch today... had a bit of a department meeting today from first to last period. I'll be there after school today though so we can chat about Mr. Jay Gatsby... you can sit in my room if you'd like (: -Mr. Tomlinson

Harry sighed and went back to the cafeteria, feeling weird about being by himself in Louis' room. It would've looked back at the principle or another teacher saw him in there just doing nothing. When he walked in, he glanced at Jason who gave the boy a small smile ñ. Harry smiled back but then frowned as he looked away to find an empty table to sit at. Every now and then, he'd look at Jason t see him laughing with his friends. At one point as he was looking, Jacob looked up and got up immediately, coming over to Harry's Harry coward back as Jacob grabbed Harry by his arm.