Chapter Two

Max POV

I tried to look around the room I was in but it wasn't very lit so I could only see the floor around me. I hear a noise coming from one side of the room, I think it's where the door is, soon light pours into the room lighting up the space I am in. I take this time to try and find a way to escape, soon a man walks into my view and squats down so he is almost eye level with me. He got up and walked around to where my back was, I turned around to face him but he reached in and touched the back of my head, I flinched and turned around to try and hit him. He noticed and moved away. He started to mumble to himself about how 'they damaged me a lot'. I wasn't really fazed by the wound I had, I've had worse before. The strange man walked out of the room and shut the door again so I was in darkness again.

After a while, I almost fell asleep but the rattle of the door handle and the opening of the door woke me up. This time two people walked in, one of them was the same guy that walked in before and this new person was holding some sort of box. They started to walk over to me, I didn't really care about what was in the box I just wanted to get out of this cage. Soon the two people made their way over to me and stood beside the cage. I felt so small and defenceless, unable to defend myself if they did try and do something.

The man holding the box, which I can now see is a medical kit, slowly walked over behind me but I turned away so he couldn't see the back of my head. He just sighed and looked over towards the other guy in the room who was now standing behind me. "My name is John, I am trying to help you with your injury on the back of your head," John said with a soft voice. "My name is Tyke, I was the one that first checked in on you when you woke up." The Tyke guy said. I wasn't sure if I could trust them so I just nodded showing that I acknowledged what they said. John slowly moved closer to me. "May I see the back of your head?" He asked as if he was approaching an animal that would run at the slightest movement. I slowly turned around and faced Tyke instead of John. I heard John mutter a small 'thank you' before opening his medical kit. "John is going to clean your wound so it doesn't get infected, ok?" Tyke whispered so he doesn't disturb John. Yet again I nod as understanding. I flinch when I feel the alcohol wipe touch the cut or split. John mutters a small 'sorry' and continues his work.

Soon John has finished dressing the wound. "It isn't much but, left any longer and would have gotten infected," He said while packing up his things. I wonder how long I have been in here?