Chapter Twenty Two

Max POV

Lucas came back with a bowl of chicken soup, my stomach growled in anticipation, Levi giggles at it. These guys don't act like a gang at all, they are so laid back. I was broken out of my thoughts by Levi gently helping me sit up and Lucas putting the bowl of soup on a tray in my lap. They were watching silently as I ate, it made me uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. The soup was nice and warm and it filled my empty stomach up well.

After a few days of recovery and awkwardly avoiding Sean, I was let out of the room and was free to roam the house again. For the first few days, I had to have at least one member supervising me, all but Seam of course. They were worried I would try and pull another stunt, so they watched and waited for me and if I was late to a meal they would get worried and look for me, they made sure I had eaten at least three meals a day. It was annoying at first but then it made me feel welcomed and a part of their group.

They members started to get a bit restless after a week of not leaving the house. Having to look after me and Sean. Talking about Sean, I still haven't talked to him about what happened and he hasn't tried to talk to about it either. I think part of the reason is that every time we are both in the same room together there is the heavy stares of the members glaring at him. It surprises me because he is the leader. Shouldn't they have more respect for him? Or are they that close?

Out of nowhere, Benjamin decides that we are going to the shops for a day out. It makes me a bit nervous knowing I could see anyone out there. I have my fair share of enemies but I didn't have to worry about that because when I was in my old gang we always had each others back, but now I am in Article I'm not too sure that they have my back.

--------------------

We are at the mall strolling around, a few of the members have bags in their hands but most of them don't. I keep looking around in alert to see if I recognise anyone if the members notice my behaviour thankfully they don't comment. As I start to relax I spot someone, someone I know very well, too well. They spot me as well, he nudges his mates and motions over to me with his head, making sure to not be strange and unnatural. They start to make their way over to us, his eyes focused on me. I start to slow down, the members notice and start to slow down as well. They notice the look on my face and look around to see if anyone was staring at me.