Chapter Forty-Two

Max POV

Sean walks into the lounge room around 10 minutes later wearing some jeans and a casual button-up shirt. He smiles over at us, "let's go?" My mum and I nod and walk over to him, it will be my first time in one of their cars and not in the van. Sean takes us into the garage and over to red Jeep Wrangler JK, I was honestly expecting a more expensive car. "All of us have two cars each, one fancy one and like this," Sean speaks up and motions for us to hop in. My mother and I hop into the back and Sean takes the driver's seat.

"I've never been apartment looking before, so I don't really know where to start." I start a conversation, "that's okay Max. I know an apartment that has been up for rent for a few years but no-one has rented it." Sean pipes up, I look over at him concerned as to why this apartment has been up for rent for a few years and no-one had rented it. "I'll tell you about it when we get there." He glances at me before looking back at the road.

--------------------

We have been driving for about half an hour, we left the quiet and secluded outer part of the city and now we are in the busier part. The odd thing about living in the quiet and secluded part of the city was that if you wanted to go into the city centre you had to drive through the rich and expensive part of the city.

Sean didn't keep going straight, he turned off onto a large street full of apartments. My mouth dropped open knowing this was a very expensive part of the city if not the most expensive part. He pulled up to an ordinary-looking building and parked in a parking bay. "Well this is it," he turns over and looks at me and then my mum with a kind smile on his face, "let's go have a look?" My mum and I both nod our head and hop out of the car, Sean following our lead.

We walk in and it is a nicely furnished room, not too fancy. Just a few couches, potted plants and a mirror. We walk up to the front desk, the lady looks up from her computer and at us. "What would you like?" She says rudely. "We are here to look at the penthouse up for sale," Sean tells her. She looks at us blankly for a moment before she looks back down at her computer and types something, "I guess you could have a look at it now."

Sean ignored her rudeness, "yes we would like too." He responded bluntly. There was an awkward staring contest going on between Sean and the lady at the front desk and by the way she responded I guess Sean one the battle. She picks up the phone on the desk and rings a number. She hangs up the phone and looks back at us, "the owner is coming down and will show you around the property."