Chapter Fifty-Eight

Max POV

Skull arrived with Xavier, he went and picked them up in case my father was watching us and we explained the plan to them and they were completely on board. I was nervous, to say the least, but with everyone around me, I had hope. Hope that my father would be finally gone.

--------------------

We had explained the plan one last time and everyone was in their places. I was freaking out about meeting my father, but hopefully, it would be the last time. I hear the van start up and drive out of the garage and drive off. My blood pumping in my ears as I try and act natural. I gather all the dishes up from the kitchen table and make my way into the kitchen to clean them up. Just as I thought my father came barging in the door like he owns the place, "Max!" He sing songs.

I fumble with a plate and it crashes to the ground and shatters. I quickly try to pick up the pieces but my father walks in before I could grab everything. "There you are," his voice turns into a deep growl. I stand up and my eyes dart around trying to find an escape, he notices and chuckles. "I'm not letting you get away this time," he lunges at me and I flinch and put my hands up in defence. He grabs my collar and slams me against the bench.

I yowl in pain, he then throws me to the floor and puts a foot on my chest. He starts pressing down and I cough and wheeze. He starts to beat me, luckily with only his fists. Once he is tired of the kitchen he grabs my neck and drags me to the lounge room. He pins me up against the wall, his grip on my throat getting tighter and tighter. Cutting off my airway.

I gargle, wheeze and cough. Trying to get air in, once he has had his fun he drops me to the ground. I try and crawl away, he pulls out his knife and I pale. I claw at the ground when he grabs my ankle and starts to drag me away. If I ever tried to kick him it will result in a worse scenario. He pulls me towards the stairs and I start to panic because that's where the others are hiding and so is my mother.

With my mother in mind and the safety of the others, I gain unknown strength and I pull my leg free from my father's grip. He looks just as shocked as I am. I quickly stand up and face him. No more running away or cowering in fear. This ends and this ends now.