Chapter Six

Max POV

Xavier told me that tomorrow we are going shopping for clothes and stuff for my side of the room. The rest of the day was peaceful, I was so far the closest to Xavier, Levi and Sean. The others were either too loud for me or were having their own conversations with other members. "So M.X how did you end up at the auction?" Levi asked me with a careful voice just to be sure he wasn't hitting a sensitive subject, to be honest, he is. It hurt so much when Jake was killed, he was my best friend and a brother to me. A part of me is broken without him, I am not a whole anymore. "M.X? Are you okay?" Xavier asks, waking me up from my thoughts. "Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine" I say with a small voice not really trusting if I spoke any louder. Sean speaks next, "you don't have to tell us if you aren't ready yet, we won't be mad. Curious but certainly not mad." I nodded my head. "I'm not ready yet, I will tell you a bit later" I spoke softly.

A while later it was dinner and we are all seated at a huge table that fits us all perfectly. I look around and see everyone smiling while stacking up their plates full of food, I only grab a small amount of about a quarter of everyone else's plates. Connor notices this and shakes his head before grabbing my plate and puts more food on there. "You can't just eat that much! You need more food!" He exclaims while putting my plate back down in front of me. I look down to see I have way too much food on my plate. I know I can't eat all of it but I won't put any back so I don't look disrespectful.

After the meal, everyone put their dishes in the sink and on the bench next to the sink and headed off to their rooms. I stayed back and decided to wash the dishes for them since they saved me from being some toy for an old guy or something. Lucas walked in and saw me washing the dishes, "Oh! M.X, why are you washing the dishes? We would have left them for tomorrow." He said shocked to see me. "I feel like I need to repay you guys and this is my way of showing it," I replied back with a soft smile on my face. "Ok, if you want to, like I said you don't need to, it would have been done tomorrow." He said as he was leaving the kitchen.

After I was done I made my way back to Xavier and I's shared room. I slowly walked in trying not to disturb him if he was asleep. He was and I slowly crept into the room trying not to make a noise. Thank god the floor was carpet. I made my way over to my side without a sound and got into the bed after taking off of my jeans. So I was only in my boxers and shirt.