Chapter Forty-Seven

Max POV

Sean walks over, "I think you need to get checked over Max. Just to make sure. I can see a cut on your cheek that is still bleeding and your hand doesn't look too good either. There is an ambulance on its way so just hang on okay?" I nod in reply and sink back against the wall. Not long after we hear sirens getting closer and then there are paramedics coming out of the elevator. They walk over to Orlando first, "how are you feeling? Any dizziness? Numbness? How's the pain?"

They check Orlando over first, once they deem his okay enough to stay until they have finished assessing everybody, they move over to me. I only notice them when one of them calls out to me, I open my eyes and look at them. My eyes taking a while to adjust, I have trouble focusing and I lift one of my hands up to rub at my eyes to try and get them to focus but regret it because it was the one I cut. I hiss out in pain.

"What happened?" One of the paramedics ask Sean, who is squatting next to me. "Well we were inspecting this apartment and I walked outside to stay with Orlando, who is the one with the large cut on his thigh, so they could make their decision privately when this group of four men with weapons jumped us. After they went inside I'm not sure what happened I was too busy trying to slow the bleeding on Orlando's leg."

"They started looking around the apartment for stuff." They all look over to me when I croak out a response. The police officers walk over and squat down as well. "Can you tell us more that happened?" I nod and let the paramedics do their job. "I hid behind the bookcase when I heard them, and my mother went and hid somewhere." I wince when they apply antiseptic wipes over my cut hand.

"I knocked one of them out with one of the books and then went wandering around looking for the others, it was a pretty stupid idea. I found another one in the bathroom and I hit him really hard on the back of his head with my fists. Which knocked him out. Then someone else started making their way over so I hid in the bathroom cupboard. I then heard my mums scream so I kicked the cupboard door open and then tackled the guy who came to investigate he tried to shoot me but I moved and he shot the guy on the floor. When he tried to shoot me again I turned his hands around and he shot himself. Then I made my way over to my mum and the other guy, the other guy and I fought and he managed to cut my cheek and I accidentally cut my hand when I was trying to grab the knife. I-I-"

I 'broke down.' I was putting on an act so I wasn't suspicious. My hands started shaking then my body followed. "I killed him! Oh -I -oh my god! I killed someone!" I become distraught. I start shaking violently and my breathing becomes rapid.