Chapter Forty-Eight

Max POV

I've had enough panic attacks in my life to artificially create one, and that's exactly what I did. My body started reacting on its own, I started to see black dots and started wheezing. My mind and body thinking on their own. My mind was making everything feel like it was closing in and my body was shaking and shivering like it was snowing outside. The paramedics, police officers, Sean, Orlando and my mother kept trying to talk to me but everything was in a haze. I started to lose consciousness and soon everything went black.

--------------------

I wake up vividly and I am in an ambulance, everything is a blur. People are working around me but I can't register anything. I slowly drift back into the darkness.

--------------------

I wake up again and I am -yet again- in a hospital. I look around and spot my mum sitting on a chair next to me, asleep. My lips feel crusty and dry and I have a fucking horrible headache. My mouth is dry and I have an IV in my hand. I move slightly to get into a better spot and it wakes my mum up. "Max dear! You're awake! I'll go get Sean and the doctor." She quickly leaves the room and not long later Sean is in the room and so it the doctor I have seen before, his name is Jackson if I remember correctly.

"How are you feeling Max?" The doctor questions, "I'm okay, I have a fucking splitting headache and my lips are dry and cracked but that's about it." He writes it down on his clipboard and smiles up at me. "Well, luckily they can both be fixed easily, the wound on your cheek was not that deep and it only needed a few stitches and a patch over it." He walks over and removes the IV and places a cotton ball over it and tapes it down with some medical tape. "Your hand needed to be stitched and was bandaged up. So make sure to clean it gently with a damp flannel to keep any infections away. Same process with your cheek. So you just need to get changed and you're free to go." He smiles at us and leaves the room.

"You scared us Max, don't do that again please." Sean walks over to me and puts his hand over my bandaged one. My mother nods her head in agreement. I smile slightly, "I'll make sure to let you know if a panic attack starts. Now, where are my clothes?" "Well since yours were bloody and gross we threw them out. So I went home and got you some." Sean gently places a bag on my lap and helps me sit up. "The bathroom is over there," Sean points towards another door in the room, "do you need any help?"

I shake my head and hop off the bed and my legs wobble a bit, Sean reaches out to steady me but I manage to keep my balance. I walk off into the bathroom to get changed.