Chapter Twelve

Max POV

As I am making my way down to the lounge room and I start to panic. What is the meeting about? Is it about me? Did Sean tell them about what happened? I hope not, I'm not ready to face their judgement. After all the questions running through my head come to a stop, I realise I am nearly at the lounge room. Everybody is chatting away like nothing is wrong, luckily for me, they don't notice me yet. After a while of me standing there like a creep watching them interact with each other Sean looks up and notices me standing there. A big smile grows on his face, he quietens down the other members, at first they seem confused but then they notice me standing in the doorway.

"M.X!" They all yell at the same time. I am startled a bit at the action but I don't show it very much. "The smiles on your faces are starting to get quite creepy," I say their smiles falter a little bit but then they grow even bigger. I shuffle awkwardly on my feet, Levi notices and motions me to sit next to him. I slowly walk over, nerves eating me alive. On my right is Levi and on the left is Kris. There is a silence for a little bit until Sean breaks it, "Today's meeting is about M.X, our new member" He starts off, I swallow nervously, Levi gives me a small smile helping my nerves ease a little. We both turn our heads back to Sean who starts speaking again. "I think we all agree and should congratulate him for his first day of training." Sean stops for a couple of seconds to scan everyone, his eyes stay on me for a little bit longer than they did on anyone else.

"He showed his strength and tricks but not his weakness, he also beat our best fighter. I don't know if Travis was going easy on him or if Travis was at his full strength. Whatever it was he did extremely well." Sean said with a nice comforting and happy smile spread across his face. After his speech, everyone cheered loudly, you could mainly hear Travis, Benjamin and Lucas but everyone soon calmed down. I felt a smile grow on my face as I felt unbelievably happy, this is the first time I had felt this way since my old gang when I first joined them.

My smile faltered when I remembered my old gang. No-one seemed to notice as they were too busy cheering and talking to each other. Connor walks back into the room with Benjamin behind him, Connor is holding wine and some glasses and Benjamin is holding the rest of the glasses and some beer. Me personally I don't like drinking, I don't hate it I just dislike it very much.

"Who would like wine or beer?" Connor yells at everyone in the room. All of them ask for beer but Levi, Sean, Kris and Xavier ask for wine. Connor turns to me when I don't answer. "I don't want either, thanks though Connor" I respond, he just nods his head slowly and starts to serve up everyone's drinks with the help of Benjamin.