Chapter Nine

Max POV

The next couple of days weren't really eventful, all I did was read one of my books. The others were training but they didn't want me to go down to the training room yet because they wanted to sort it out, Sean says it is very messy. I am kind of looking forward to training because I haven't done it in a while.

Today was the day they wanted to start training me, I got out some shorts and a tight shirt. I have things I can't show them yet. Once I was done I walked out and met them all in the lounge room. "Ah good, you are all ready," Sean says as he walks down the stairs. "Let us start them, follow me." He continues and motions us to follow with his hand, I know all the others know where the room is so they didn't need any guidance.

When we made it down there I was shocked at how big it is and all of the equipment. We never had this much stuff or room at my old gang. I am in awe, the room is huge and they also have so many different areas. "So M.X we will first start to train you with hand on hand combat then we will move onto training with guns and knives ok?" Sean says while looking at me, I just nod not being able to speak.

"So who is M.X going up against first?" Caleb asks. "Hmmm well, he could go up against Travis." Sean says, "but Travis is the best fighter!" Lucas exclaims. "It is to see his skill," Sean says then puts his hand on Travis's shoulder and speaks again "go easy on him." Travis nods his head and motions me to follow him. I follow quietly when we reach the middle Sean yells out towards us "M.X do you have any fighting skill?!" "I do!" I yell back. He nods his head and motions us to continue.

I feel a bit rusty as I haven't done training in a while but I know I can make an attempt to beat Travis. I can tell he is looking to see where I put most of my weight but I try to confuse him and it works, he tries to sweep my right leg out from under me but unfortunately for him, that is my stronger leg so I only wobble a bit before I am still and ready to attack him. I can see out of my peripheral vision the others watching closely. I turn all of my focus back to Travis and see he is also looking closely at me, probably thinking if I will do another attempt to try and trick him. It is a perfect time to attack because he has too much of his attention on trying to study my stance then watching my moves.

I sweep his left leg out from under him making him fall onto his back, I quickly hop onto his chest and hold his arms down with my legs while I put my hands over his throat in an attempt to choke him, not to hurt him but to signal the match is over but he rolls us over so he is above me. He holds my arms down but he forgets about my legs so I put them on his stomach and flip him over me so he lands behind on his back on the mat.