Chapter Seven

Max POV

I was awoken by a screaming Benjamin and Travis. It's too early for this shit. I sit up slowly and realise that Xavier was awake and his bed was made. It looked like he had been up for a while. I get out of bed and put on my jeans from yesterday and make my way downstairs. When I get down I see Article all seated at the table eating breakfast, thank god Benjamin and Travis stopped screaming before I got down into the dining area otherwise they would be in deep shit. Lucas noticed me and waved me over with his hand, I made my way over and sat down in the vacant chair next to Kyle. I soon have a plate full of food placed in front of me. I slowly start eating quietly trying not to disturb the silence that has come over the room. It isn't awkward anymore like it was the first time it became quiet in the room yesterday.

"So today we are going shopping for some clothes and accessories for M.X," Sean said with a stern voice that left no room for complaints. Everyone at the table nodded their heads in agreement.

We arrived at the shop and imminently Benjamin and Travis tried to drag me off somewhere but I just stood still, not moving anywhere. "C'mon M.X! Let's get you some nice outfits!" Benjamin yelled enthusiastically. Travis screamed 'yes' as well but I just shook my head. "We will be only going to a few shops, I won't be needing much," I say, they just sigh and shake their heads.

When we get into the shops I walk over to a shop that I used to go to with Jake. I was looking around for some skinny jeans and shirts. "Can I help you?" Someone asks me I turn around to see Jim. "M.X?! It has been so long! How are you?" He asks, "Oh Jim! It is great to see you as well! I'm ok. How are you?" I reply with a big smile on my face. "Oh I'm fine, you know same old same old. So hows Jake?" He asks with a teasing voice. "J-Jake is doing f-fine" I manage to stutter out. "Ma-M.X what happened to Jake?! Is he ok?!" "H-He was killed" "K-Killed...? B-By who?" "I don't know" After I say that Jim pulls me into a hug, I feel like bursting into tears right there but I just remembered about Article.

I pulled away from Jim's hug and turned around to Article, "he is a friend and the owner of the store." They nod their heads and stay silent. I turn back to Jim "so can I get the usual?" "Sure! But why don't we change it up?" Jim asks while wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shake my head 'no', he just pouts and nods his head then walks off, he comes back with a bag full of clothes and hands them to me. "Do you want to collect your stuff from the back?" He asks, "Oh! I forgot about that, thanks be right back." I rush to the back room where I was staying. I will miss this place. I look around the room while I am grabbing my things, which isn't much, I turn around and make my way back to Jim and the others. When I get there no one has moved at all really. I clear my throat and they turn towards me, I hold up the box to show that I have everything and that I'm ready to go.