Chapter Forty-Three

Max POV

Not long later a medium height male walks over to us, looking smart but casual at the same time. He smiles over at us, his smile grows when he notices Sean. "Sean! Long time no see!" He joyfully speaks, "Orlando! How are you going?" They give each other a big hug. "I'm going great! How about you? What's been going on?" "Not much, we will have to catch up later! But I'm here today with M.X and his mother, we are looking for a place for her to rent." Orlando nods his head, "well follow me and I'll show you around the place!"

"He seems nice," my mum whispers to me as we follow behind Orlando and Sean. I just nod. We all hop into the elevator and Orlando presses the button for floor number 20. This is going to be a long ride up. The ride is silent besides the elevator music, not awkward at all. When we reach the floor and the doors open I breathe a sigh of relief, I hear Sean chuckle in front of me.

Orlando leads us down a short hallway and to a door, he swipes a key card and then a passcode pops up and he types in a pin and then the door is open. He pushes the door open and walks in, holding the door open for us he motions for us to walk inside, he shuts the door behind us. The first room you walk into is the lounge room, off to the left is the kitchen. "Have a look around and I'll be waiting outside for you." Orlando leaves back out the door.

"Go have a look around mum, see if you like it." She nods and walks off down the hallway. I grab onto Sean's arm and pull him closer to me so I can whisper to him, "a penthouse? Really?" I whisper to him, he nods. "Why has no-one rented it or bought it since it has been on the market?" This is something I really need to know.

Sean sighs and it makes me nervous, "well you see Orlando has been wanting the right buyer. Everyone so far has either been too snobby or too much like a partier or a party type. He has declined a lot of offers on the place because he cares about the people below this apartment, I know he was happy when we said it was your mum looking for a place."

"Look, I know you are trying to do the right thing and help us out but where is my mother or I going to get the money to buy or rent the place?" Sean smiles lightly, "all of Article are willing to buy it for her and for you. If that makes you feel too uneasy she can pay us back weekly or monthly like she is paying rent. We are not going to hurt her for not repaying us because we offered to do it in the first place and it is for you Max. We saw how much she means to you."

Tears form in my eyes as he finishes, I pull him into a hug. "Thank you, thank you so much." He just rubs my back affectionately and whispers "you're welcome into my ear."