Chapter Twenty Seven

Max POV

Article was going out for a mission today and I was stuck at home because I still had bandages wrapped around me and the members wanted me completely healed before I joined them. To say I was pissed was an understatement, I joined them for training but I was only able to do certain things, things that didn't aggravate my wounds. Which was nearly everything.

I kept telling them I was fine but they just ignored it. I planned when they leave I would do some practice but it was like they knew my plan and locked the door to the training room, "we did this for your own good M.X, we don't want you to be stuck here any longer either. Just think, when your wounds have healed completely then you can do all the training you want and you can join us on missions." Travis tried to reassure me, it worked a little bit and it stopped me complaining.

--------------------

I was nervous to be left alone in the house while the others went on the mission. I need to snap out of this, I don't even know them that much and I practically told them my life story. I scolded myself.

--------------------

The members have left and now it is just me left alone in this fucking gigantic house. I was quite uncomfortable I didn't really know what to do the members said I was free to do whatever as long as it doesn't aggravate my injuries. I almost mistook them for caring, that was the biggest joke I have ever heard.

I decided to just lay on my bed and read through my mother's diary entries she left in her diary.

19th June 1194,
Jacob was really angry today, he yelled and screamed and nearly killed Max in his anger. All he did was yell about how he never wanted a child. It broke my heart that little Max would never experience love from his father.

Jacob's family adore little Max, they would have him live with them if they could, I wish they could as well. My family doesn't know that he is born, they didn't even know I was pregnant. Who knows what they would do to him. I love you, my baby. If you ever read this then never let your father know I wrote these. He would rip them to shreds and tell my family that you were born. Sometimes I think he was better off with them than me.

I love you baby,
Love mum.

The words in my mum's diary broke my heart and also made me wonder why she never told her family about me. I notice small splatters of blood on the page, I rub my fingers over the stains. I don't have much memory of her as she was taken from me when a gang raided our house, my disgusting father didn't look for her at all. After I started to look for her is when the torture started, every time my father found that I snuck out to look for her it got worse to the point where he locked me up in the basement.