Chapter Twenty Four

Max POV

My dad walked over to me and cut my shirt off me and smiled at the scars that covered my torso. He brought the knife down and started to cut across from where my heart was diagonally down to reach my hip, he put more pressure making it cut deeper as he worked his way slowly down my body. I was squirming and writhing in pain. He just chuckled at my response. The torture went on for about half an hour but to me, it felt like an eternity. After he was finished the goons tied up my hands and feet and kept the makeshift gag in my mouth and left.

By the time the Article members found me I was on my side, eyes closed and breathing heavily through my nose and laying in a puddle of blood that as slipped out from all the cuts arraying over my torso and stomach. They had no choice but to call the ambulance as it was probably too suspicious to carry a bleeding and cut body out of an alleyway.

By the time the ambulance reached us the Article members had taken off their shirts and covered me in them to help stop the bleeding. The paramedics rushed over immediately with a bed and carefully put me onto it, the last thing I saw was the worried faces of the Article members and them being questioned by the police before my eyes closed.

--------------------

I wake up in a hospital room, heart monitor beeping beside me and an IV in my arm. I try to sit up my body protests heavily so I lay back down. After a while, I hear voices coming closer to my door and I pretend to be asleep as they walk in. Someone who I guess is a doctor is talking to Sean, he seems to be very worried about my condition. "Why isn't he waking up yet? It's been three days!" Sean exclaims angrily towards the doctor, "I assure you, Mr Harris, that his body is probably in deep shock from what happened so it is giving him time to rest, he should be awake by tomorrow at the latest." And after that, the doctor leaves the room I hear Sean's footsteps walk closer to the bed and he sits on the chair next to it.

"I'm sorry M.X," he mutters "I just want to be able to protect my members and not have any secrets between us." He sighs and grabs onto my hand, "I know I came on strongly but I just want to be able to care for everyone." He stays silent, I feel tired again so I let my body drift to sleep again.

I'm back at my father's house, I know that because I'm in the torture room, where I mainly spend my time. Speak of the devil he walks into the room with a cigarette in his mouth, he walks over to me and puts the cigarette out above my left nipple. I close my eyes and clench my teeth and try to move away but I'm strapped to a chair making my movement restricted.