Chapter Fifty

Max POV

It has been two weeks since the incident and I was all ready to get back onto missions. The mission coming up was quite dangerous. We were preparing for explosions, gruesome fights and crumbling buildings. It was one of the most dangerous missions, according to Article, they had ever gone on. To be honest I am really excited, even though so many things could happen it was really exciting for me. It was my time to show my talent.

--------------------

Today was the day that we were to go on the mission, my mother had moved into the apartment that we looked at. She did decide to move in there, I tried to convince her out of it but she said she was fine. Sean was happy to buy it for her, I laughed at the thought of him being a sugar daddy. "Everyone ready to go?" Sean comes out into the lounge room holding a gun. Everyone nods.

"Let's go over the plan one more time. Xavier, Caleb, Lucas, and Steve you guys will be on the roofs of neighbouring buildings ready to snipe anyone who isn't us or we don't know." Those four nod, stand up and sling their guns over their backs. "We will split up in groups of two, Kyle and Max you are one group, Benjamin and Travis you guys are together, Connor and Kris you are the other, and Levi and I are the last pair."

--------------------

We arrive at the destination and it is an old abandoned building that looks like it is about two seconds away from collapsing. "Hey Sean," he turns around to look at me. "Yes M.X?" "What are we looking for exactly?" Sean smiles, "well this used to be Kyle's parent's house before they died. It has something hidden inside that we need to find. Kyle, can you explain exactly what we are looking for."

Kyle nods, "ok so it looks like a normal book but it hides the secret of my family and I need to get it before the other members of my family find it. So pretty much if you find a book, look through and see if it has KKM engraved into it somewhere." Everyone nods and gets ready to get out of the van. "Everyone got their earpieces in and turned on?" Kris checks. A chorus of "yeah's" and "yeps" echo throughout the van.

Just as everyone was checking to make sure they have everything Levi talks."Xavier, Caleb, Lucas and Steve you guys go up onto your spots and notify us when you are there." They nod and hop out of the van to get their guns from the back. We wait for about five minutes before "all up and ready boss" echos through our earpieces. "Ok cool, they are in position, get ready to go in guys. Stay safe and be careful." Sean tells us all. We all pull our masks up and cock our guns, and leave the vehicle and make our way into the house.