Chapter Forty-Six

Max POV

"Let her go, now." I speak with a deep and angry voice, the man just smiles a crooked smile at me. "Now why would I want to do that?" He says as he sits up onto his haunches, he pulls out a knife from his pocket and leans back down towards my mother. Looking me directly in the eye as he brings the knife closer to her body.

"If that knife touches a single hair on her body," my hand clenches the gun tighter, "you will wish you are dead." The man ignores my threat and lightly scratches my mother's cheek with the blade. That was the last straw before my vision went red.

I storm up to him and practically rip him off my mum before I wrap my hand around his throat choking him. His gargles and wheezes as he brings his knife and slices my cheek, I let go of his throat and grab my cheek. My eyes are blazing with rage and hatred. I turn my head towards my mum, "leave quickly and find Sean and Orlando!" "Max watch out!" I turn around and get tackled to the ground, the heavy body of the other man pinning me down. I look over at my mum and yell "go!" She reluctantly leaves the room.

I turn my focus back on the man on top of me and all the rage sets in again. I grab his hand that was holding the knife and dig my fingers into the underside of his wrist. His grip on the knife loosens and it falls to the floor next to me. I try to push the man off but he uses his weight to his advantage and keeps me pinned down.

I reach around trying to find the knife, my hand lands on the blade instead and I hiss in pain. I spin it around and grab the handle with my bloody hand and swing my arm up and the knife glides along the man's throat. He starts choking and gargling, I push him off me and stand up shakily grabbing my gun and putting it back in the holster. I hear sirens in the distance meaning that someone called the police.

I walk back out into the lounge room and notice that the guy has gone. He must have escaped. I walk shakily out of the apartment and are greeted with police officers standing with Sean, Orlando and my mother. They all look fine besides the large cut in Orlando's thigh which is being compressed with his suit jacket.

They all look up when I walk through the door, an officer walks over to me and holds out her arm when I wobble in my steps. "Are you okay sir?" She asks, I nod "I-I just need to sit down." She leads me over to where Orlando is sitting down on the floor with his suit jacket tied tightly around his thigh. I slide down the wall and close my eyes, "are you sure you are okay?" The officer asks again.