Chapter Nineteen

Max POV

I clutch my arm as I open the door for Steve, he walks in holding a box. I look at him questionably and he just points to my bleeding arm. I sigh and sit back down on my bed and he sits next to me. "Could you take off your shirt? It will be easier." He asks, I just shake my head and pull my shirt sleeve up.

He starts to clean the wound making me flinch, he mutters a sorry and gets back to work. It takes him about 5 minutes before he finishes. "How are your stitches?" "They're fine, I was careful not to open them." He nods and leaves.

I find one of my rags and start to clean the blood off from the gun, once I am done I put the gun back into the book safe. Another knock on the door comes, and Levi pops his head in. "Sean is awake and wants to see you." "Awake, already?" He just nods, I stand up and follow Levi to where Sean is staying for a bit until he heals more.

Levi knocks on the door and then enters. Sean is laying down with his chest and shoulder wrapped in bandages. "Thanks, Levi, you can leave now," Sean says in a raspy voice. Levi nods and walks out again, leaving us alone in the room.

"Did you get your arm treated?" He asks I nod my head, shuffling awkwardly on my feet. "Steve came in just before and did it for me, he didn't need to though." Sean nods his head, I have a feeling he wants to bring the conversation from before back up before all this happened. "How long were you in a gang before you were in the auction?" He questions, I swallow hard. "About seven years," I mumble uncomfortably. "Were you in a big gang or a small one?" "Small one." This situation is making me really uncomfortable but I guess I would have had to go through this sooner or later, I just wish it was later.

"I'm going to bed now Sean, glad you're ok." I awkwardly speak, as I am about to open the door to leave he says something that halts me in my steps. "Why are there scars all over your upper body?" I was hoping he wouldn't notice. "Goodnight Sean," I mumble. "Answer the question M.X!" He yells loudly, no doubt the other members could hear him. "Because of my parents!" I scream in response, "are you happy now you got your answer?!" I question, tears blurring my vision. Before he says anything else I storm out of the room into the closest bathroom to cool down.

It probably wasn't the best idea to yell at him like that, but my emotions and memories got the better of me. I sigh and look into the mirror, my hair is all over the place, my eyes are red and I have tear streaks on my cheeks. I look like an absolute wreck.