Chapter Thirty-Three

Max POV

As we enter the room I spot all the member gathered together sitting at the kitchen table. They all turn around with huge smiles of their faces when Sean clears his throat. Levi and Sean lead me over to the spare seat next to Kyle. He gets up and pulls out the chair for me, we haven't spoken since he stormed out of the room in the hospital. I felt a bit awkward sitting next to him but the gentle smile on his face makes me feel better.

"You feeling ok M.X?" He questions me quietly while the others are chatting loudly, from what I can pick out it sounds like it is about me, I hope they aren't shit-talking me but they look to energized and happy to be doing that. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit overwhelmed," I respond quietly. I've only been here a few weeks and I feel welcomed, I feel like I should start trusting them. It's going to be a long journey but I'm willing to try.

"Hey, Sean?" I call out, his conversation with Kris and Connor halting, he turns to me, "yes M.X?" I look down into my lap, "can I talk with you privately?" He nods, "sure, I'll help you up to my office." The walk to his office feels like forever.

When we enter, he shuts the door behind us and guides me to sit down. "So, what did you want to talk about?" He says as he makes his way around to the opposite side and sits down in his chair. "I want to be honest with you," I start, his eyebrows furrow, "there is more to my past than just my father. I want to tell you my secrets, at first I didn't want to be in this gang at all but you guys made me feel so welcome so I thought it was my time to give back."

"You don't have to do this M.X-" "I want to, and I need to." I cut him off, he just sighs and nods his head, "if that's what you want then." He directs a soft small smile towards me and motions for me to start.

"It all started when I was little, ever since I was born I was neglected by my father, he told the servants and the gang members to ignore me, he didn't even want a child, my mother tried her hardest to protect me from him. She tried to give me love but my father wouldn't have it." Suho looks surprised but doesn't comment.

"She wanted to give the best upbringing I could have but she struggled as my father was against everything she did. When I turned sixteen a larger gang raided us and took my mother, every night I snuck out to look for her, I knew it was useless but I just couldn't handle the thought of no-one ever looking for her. So I made it my job to do just that."