Chapter Seventeen

Max POV

Sean just sighed and I looked down into my lap. Why am I acting like a child being scolded? Agh. It stays quiet for a while, then Sean's phone screen lights up with a call. He looks over and picks the phone up and answers the call while walking out of the room. I sit there frozen, I know I can't run or hide, I need to face this head-on.

Sean is gone for about a minute before a loud bang goes off. It takes me seconds to realise that it was a gunshot. Sean! I rush out the door and run as fast as I can, not forgetting to be careful of my stitches, and there in the lounge room laying against the doorway leading to the kitchen is Sean. I halt in my steps noticing two other people in the room, pointing their guns at him.

My stomach churns unpleasantly at the sight, he is holding his right shoulder and breathing heavily face going paler and paler every minute. Blood is pooling underneath him, his white shirt is now dark red and his pants an even darker shade of black.

Guns! Where do they keep their guns?! I could also use a knife but the knives are in the kitchen. It clicks a second later, my gun! I rush up the stairs and into my room and pull out a book from my collection I unlock it and take out my pistol. It's small but packs a punch.

When I make it back down the stairs I see Sean's phone a couple of metres away from him. His eyes are now closed and hand that was holding his shoulder is now limply laying on his lap. What tells me that he is still alive is the slow inhalations moving his stomach and chest.

One of the guys have left to continue searching the house and the other is still pointing his gun at Sean. I aim and fire, headshot, the guy aiming at Sean is dead in an instant. Hearing another gunshot the other guy walks in and sees his partner on the floor, he looks around frantically trying to spot another person.

He spots me and shoots I move away quick enough so the bullet only scrapes my arm. "Fuck'' I curse, clutching onto my arm.

I move over to the doorway, and I peer back around the wall. The guy is slowly walking towards me with his gun aimed at me. I move into a corner so when the guy comes around I can shoot his writs to dismantle his hold on the gun.

Just as I thought, the guy came around the corner, showing his hands holding the gun. I shot and hit his writs perfectly, he screams in pain, the sound echoing throughout the house. I shoot him once more, headshot.

Rushing down to Sean I take off my shirt and wrap it around his shoulder, the movement makes him groan in pain and open his eyes.