Chapter Forty-Nine

Max POV

I walk out of the bathroom wearing some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walk back over to my mum and Sean, "I need some shoes. Do you have any?" Sean smiles and puts a pair of slides down. "All good to go back home?" I nod, trying not to think about what will happen to me with the police. I'll ask Sean later.

We walk down the hallway and past the reception desk, "don't we need to check out?" My mother turns around, "already done sweetie, Sean here did it for us." I look at Sean and he just smiles.

--------------------

We get back to the house and everything seems normal, "do they know what happened Sean?" I question, "they know enough not to ask any questions" was his reply. We walked in the door from the massive garage and down the small hallway into the lounge room. All the members were gathered with worried looks on their faces. When they notice us their faces brighten and they smile widely. They rush over to us and form a circle around us and create a huge group hug. I smile and look over at my mum and I have never seen her this happy before, which makes me smile even wider.

"We heard what happened, are you guys all okay?" Kris asks, "the only ones to get hurt were Max and Orlando." Sean replies, then continues. "It would have been better if it was no-one but luckily everyone is okay."

--------------------

A few days later I gathered the courage to ask Sean about the police and the questioning. "Hey Sean can I speak to you alone?" "Sure Max, let's go to my office. Are you okay?" I nod, "I'm fine I just want to ask about something." Sean nods and we continue to walk to his office in comfortable silence.

I sit in the seat facing his desk as normal but to my surprise, he sits next to me instead of his normal seat facing me. "What is it that you wanted to ask?" Sean asks is a soft voice, "I- well what will happen to me with the police and the murder?" Shock ripples over Sean's face and he sighs.

"Nothing luckily, they ruled it down to self-defence for all of the deaths. Because of your panic attack and the way you reacted they didn't see a reason for you to be charged with murder for defending yourself." I sigh in relief and relax into the chair, Sean reaches up and runs his hands through my hair. "We were all scared for you Max, and everyone was so glad that you didn't get charged for anything."

"Thank you Sean, really, thank you." "What's the thank you for?" He asks surprised at the sudden comment of gratitude. "Thank you for everything, for buying me at the auction and not letting some fucking creep, thank you for letting me be myself and thank you for helping my mother and I." I suddenly feel like I'm about to cry but I hold it in. "No need to thank me Max, we all chose you at the auction, not just me, we all wanted you to act like yourself and we all wanted to help you and your mother." He says as he gives me a tight hug and he runs his hands through my hair.