Chapter Fifty-Five

Max POV

When I reach my room I spot Kyle sitting on the end of my bed casually making me smile, "ready to go find the others and scare the shit out of them?" I question, Kyle looks up with a smile on his face and giggles, "sure am." He says as he stands up and walks over to me, slinging his arm over my shoulder after I throw my dirty washing in my washing basket. We walk out of my room on the hunt for the others.

We found them all together, gathered at the kitchen table talking seriously. We stop at the doorway and hide as we are about to jump in and scare them we hear our names being mentioned. We stop and look at each other before we start listening. "I don't want them going on the next mission," Sean orders. The others look confused, "why not? Getting hurt is normal when you are in a gang Sean." Xavier looks at his brother.

"I know Xavier, but" he stops, "but what?" Lucas questions. Sean sighs and clenches his fits that sit on the table. His breath stutters before he speaks again, "I received a threat from Max's father." Everyone gasps and starts talking over each other. "Enough!" Levi roars, everyone quiets down to let Sean continue. "I don't know how but he knows Max is with us, he threatened if Max went on our next mission he will kill his mother and Max. I-I know this could be an empty threat but I do not want to risk it. When Max wakes up we will get his mother and him and they will go into hiding until we know it is safe or we kill Max's father."

I stand stunned, m-my father found me? H-how? All I wanted to do was burst into the room and say it wasn't an empty threat but a trap, but I couldn't, I was frozen. I gripped onto the wall for support Kyle quickly helped me stand. My ears were ringing and my vision was blurry from the tears. "Let's go back to the medic room," Kyle whispered in my ear as he helped me stand and walk in the direction on the medic room.

--------------------

Kyle lays me down on the bed and watches me carefully, "are you okay Max?" He asks quietly, I flinch and don't say anything. "I-I'll go get the others," he says softly as he leaves the room. I stay quiet and roll onto my side so my back is facing the door. I cry silently no sound leaving my mouth, only my tears rolling down my cheek and my shoulders shaking.

I hear the door open quietly and people walk in but I pay them no attention. I feel someone's hand touch my shoulder and I flinch, they pull their hand back but gently place it back on my shoulder and rubs it slowly. "Could you leave us please guys?" The person I now know is Sean, asks kindly, I hear the door open then close again symboling that the others left.