Chapter 10

I was pacing to and fro in Navya's room, while Navya had her head stuck inside her cupboard so she could find me a perfect dress for today's lunch.. Well it's just not a lunch it's a lunch with The Neyonika Malhotra and her jerk of a son Manik Malhotra... My nerves can't keep calm, I am too scared what if she didn't approve of me or what if she is like Maddy's Mom and many other stupid fears crossed my mind..

Yeah I know it's not a real marriage but still I have to share a home with that lady for almost a year, I don't want to end up in another jail...

"After lunch we need to go shopping, you are deprived of single clothing other than your bridal attire, we really need to get you buy some stuff..." I came back on earth after hearing her.

"You both have done already a lot for me, and I don't have a single penny to shop for anything Navya, well I have that jewelry and I think I need to sell it to get some money..."

Navya looked at me with her fiery eyes.

"Seriously Nandu, Even living with us you need to sell jewelry to survive.. I know your ego will be bruised by us spending on you but don't worry I can afford. I am not taking money from Cabir and when you will have your own money return me. Now come down we have to prepare lunch also and yes I think this Anarkali dress will be perfect so wear this, I will take out matching earrings and footwear too.."

I take a look at Maroon red Anarkali dress with a bit of stone work, that is just perfect for this special lunch. I released a breath I don't know I was holding and made my way towards kitchen to help Navya, she seems really excited for this marriage thing...

We finished cooking by 12 and Navya asked me to get ready as they will be here in no time, Cabir Bhai and the gang too joined us for the lunch. Mukti and Navya changed and went downstairs to check on the preparation, while Aliya took the responsibility to make me ready. I took a quick shower and dressed myself in the given dress... Aliya did a light make up of me and straighten my long silky black hair, She put a bindi on my forehead and I was good to go...

She complimented me, saying how pretty I look and I smiled at her, Indeed I am looking pretty, after so much time I had got ready by heart so yes I am looking good... I was chatting with Aliya when Cabir bhai came inside and told us, that they are here... My stomach churns a bit and my heart started doing somersault Oh Aiyappa!!!

Aliya went downstairs to meet them and Cabir bhai came inside, he took in my appearance and smiled lightly, that was a warming and assuring smile.. It's been just 2 days since we have met, but I feel a connection with him. He cups my cheeks and made me look him into the eye.

Cabir – Nervous?

I nodded my head and he took me in a hug, I put my head on his chest and he patted me lightly.

"Nandu bacha I know all of this is very difficult for you but just once trust your brother and I promise you will never regret this decision.. I am not your real brother and nor we both know each from long but I will always be there to protect you, just trust me in this okay?"

He asked with a hope and how could I not trust him, he had given me a shelter when my own blood snatched everything from me.. Destiny had thrown a lot on my road and that was just worst, I don't think more worst could happen... Come on Nandu just get ready for another adventure in your life, maybe this changes my life for good...

Navya called both of us from downstairs and Bhai hold my hand and we proceeded towards my new life.

We came down and my eyes met with a pair of brown orbs staring directly into mine, his gaze is different, so different that I couldn't hold it for long and immediately lower my eyes. We went near them when I focused on a lady beside that jerk, she is very gorgeous and is dressed elegantly, she gave me a smile, it's not a forced smile or mocking one, but a warm and welcoming one. I smiled back at her, I like her already..