Chapter 26

Last few days were exhausting... Physically and moreover mentally. I just want to go home take a long shower and sleep yes that's all I want right now. I hope Mom and Nandini are Okay, I was so engrossed to even realize I just got married and my wife would be home worried about me. Woahh Manik, why would you think she would be worried, well I just wish maybe she would...

My thoughts came to an halt when the cab stopped in front my house.. Yeah finally! I paid the cabby and with my luggage moved inside the Mansion. My mind wanted to relax but don't know why my heart wants to see Nandini.. There was no one in the hall, I don't know why I felt a eerie feeling about all the silence I was getting in the house. I moved upstairs and once I reach near my room, my steps haltered on the scene in front of me. Nandini, my wife Nandini is hugging some guy, I couldn't see his face but that doesn't change my thought of killing that person right there when I heard her saying, "I know that and I love you...Calm down okay just calm down..."

She loved someone else, then why did she marry me? She was the one who wanted to give a chance to this wedding, was she lying back then or is she faking it right now? What the hell is going on, my head hurts and then her eyes met mine and she muttered my name, maybe I am wrong too blinded to see anything but I saw her eyes shine seeing me there, I saw her lips curled up into a smile and she got separated from that guy and came to me.

Nandini - Manik

Manik - Nandini

I want to accuse her, want to ask what was she doing back there, I want to fight but couldn't that smile on her face that glee in her eyes seeing me there make me thinks otherwise... She wasn't cheating on me.. She Can't right.. Before I could say further I looked over her shoulder and I got shock of my life, that guy was none other than Aryaman Malhotra. What the fuck on earth is this Man doing in my house, My fist clenched with anger.

Aryaman - Hey Brother

Before I could say or do anything, I heard Mom behind me, I turned around to find My Mom and Raghuveer Malhotra and I just lost it.

Manik - What the hell are these people doing in my house Mom...

Neyonika - Calm down Manik, they are here for Nandini...

What? What the hell how did they even know Nandini? I looked at her for answers...

Nandini - Raghu Pappa and Aryaman was our neighbors and close family friend in Vegas. Today suddenly we met here after 2 years so I asked them to stay.. Did I do something wrong Manik?

And there she goes again with her innocent eyes, can anybody be mad at that face, no but I wanted to and Mrs. Malhotra just spoiled it. I looked at Mom, I know she is the one who will be most affected by this man's presence but she nodded her head saying she is fine.. Maybe she just don't want to break Nandini's heart. I guess I should too understand, she is meeting someone who she can call family like after 2 years. God Manik what is wrong with you.

He didn't spoke anything and just left quietly from there, I looked at 3 of them apologetically and went after him. I stepped inside the room and there he was pacing here and there angrily.

Nandini - I am sorry Manik, I thought they are your family too.. So I just

Manik - They are not my family Nandini..

He whisper shouted and my heart ached, I am seeing him after so many days, I wanted to make him smile, but I made him upset instead. I don't know what is the equation between these Malhotra's but now I regret Making Pappa and Rico stay.

Nandini - Manik please calm down I am sorry, if it bothers you this much, then I will ask them to leave right away..

I made my way towards the gate but never reach there as I was pulled back in two strong arms.. I was too close to him that our nose were almost touching, I looked into his eyes, he looked tired, drowsy there were lines on his forehead, my hands itched to just release those lines, he seemed tensed.. I so wanted to release his all tensions, I do not like when he seemed all worked up, I like angry Manik, teasing Manik, quiet Manik, but not this Manik.. who looked defeated..