Chapter 11

Neyonika Aunty umm sorry Mom left after discussing about our marriage as she have to visit her friend to give her the good news while Manik and the gang stayed back for further discussion. Even I want to ask him many questions, like why he didn't want to make our marriage public, was he embarrass of me? Am I not compatible to the Rockstar? Was he scared that people will make fun of him if he will be spotted with me or his image will be destroyed? What was his concern? So many negative thoughts were crossing my mind and I didn't knew when my gaze was locked to his...I didn't knew for how long we were staring into each other's eyes. As if he is reading my mind, he started explaining things.

"I know just like Mom you people also were excited for this wedding and I spoiled it for everyone but guyz this is important, so hear me out before pouncing on me Okay"

Ohkay, what was it now, all of us look at him to continue his story and he getting the cue, started again...

"I am a Rockstar, If my wedding news got out it will travel worldwide and my wife's pictures will be all over the place. Then Nandini's Uncle will easily get her location and her life will be in danger.. I know I can protect her, but how much I have learned about them from Nandini, that man is powerful and very evil, so I don't think we should take any chances. Let's make a proper plan, how to get things sorted and then only we will bring her out in public What say people?"

I was dumbfounded, did he really just said that, did he care for me, did he want to protect me? My heart was beating at a louder pace than usual and I don't know why, I am happy or I am overwhelmed with his concern, I have no idea...

Navya – Thank you Manik, you just proved that our decision was not wrong. You are just perfect for her. Thank you Manik, Thank you so much.

And she hugged Manik with teary eyes, and I again have no idea what I have done to deserve people like these. Thank you Amma, if you have not encouraged me that day, I would have joined you and Appa there in heaven... I promise you Manik, I will get back your happiness, I will help you in getting your Mom back...Yes I would...

Evening went by discussing things, as wedding is just next week and we don't have much time. Yes it's not a grand wedding but as decided proper rituals have to be followed so there is lot of work to be done... Navya prepared a list of works and everything is divided among them... Since Aliya runs a boutique, so she took the responsibility of everyone's dresses for all the functions.. As there were only three functions, Haldi, Mehendi/Sangeet and wedding, so they decided to pick 3 outfits for each day. Also Aliya insisted to set me a whole new Wardrobe with clothes after marriage, I wanted to decline that offer as it's huge but she said that would be her marriage gift for me.

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I restrained myself from crying, I agreed for her gift but also said just provide me the necessary and limited things not more and she agreed... I don't have a penny with me and they all were planning for things we need to buy, I was feeling so uncomfortable, I know Navya and Cabir will pay for me, but I don't want to burden them. I am not their responsibility, I was feeling so guilty sitting here and I don't know why but I felt Manik's intense stare on me as if he is searching for something, I don't know what....

It was quite late when everyone finished with their planning, and decided to start shopping from tomorrow, Aliya is taking care of the outfits but there were many other things we need to take care of and most importantly jewelry, Neyo Mom already told me to accompany her for shopping tomorrow as we need to buy engagement ring, as they plan to get us engage tomorrow evening...

Things were moving so fast and I don't know how to react, but due to some unknown reasons I was not scared, I know I should be, considering my history, I should not be so carefree, but don't know why I was not afraid of my Uncle or Maddy again... I will not say I am happy, but I am not sad either, I am at peace. And that was really weird and annoying and I don't know what. I was so busy in fighting with myself  that I didn't noticed when everyone wished me bye and left except Manik. He is still here, I look at him and then started moving upstairs but stopped in my tracks when I heard him calling my name...