Chapter 23

Manik left for his office and I came with Cabir Bhai for my pagfhera.. yeah I know I know what you all are thinking that he joined his office just next day.. Well that's Manik Malhotra for you, he loves his work more than anything and I think that's a great thing...

We reached home in few minutes.. Yeah it feels like home just like Vegas, Mangalore was never my home but this place with Bhai and Navi it definitely feels like home...

Navya - Nanduuuuuu!!!

Always super excited she is, she hugged me lovingly, oh Aiyappa how much I missed her...

Mukti - Ok ok Navya, leave her or you gonna choke her to death...

I giggled, while Navi didn't find it funny, I moved towards Mukti and gave her a hug, Alia was there too...

Nandini - Woah ladies my wedding is over but seems your holidays are not...

I hugged Alia and teased them a bit for being at home and ditching their work today also.. Well the irony is my friends have ditched their jobs to be with me but my husband is at office... Yayy life... ☹️

Mukti - Today is the last ceremony of your wedding, so how could we miss it. We decided today we 4 will have lots of fun because from tomorrow you will be busy with your husband and family then you will hardly give us any time...

I laughed at her and actually the idea didn't sounded bad, a whole day with my ladies sounds cool...

Cabir - okay then ladies I am off to work then... Enjoy and don't trouble my little sister and Navya make proper dinner arrangements as Manik and his family will be here to pick Nandu..

With a hug and a goodbye kiss he left for work...

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Navya - Nandu go and change, Manik and his family must be on their way and dinner is almost ready... 

The day went awesome, I had lots of fun with them, it's so hard to believe that we have met just 2 weeks ago, it feels like we are besties just like me and Navya... I went upstairs and change into a coffee color saree with off white blouse that Navya kept out for me... It was perfect not too heavy nor too light, just perfect for a newly wed like me... I changed and apply a little makeup and completed my look with a vermillion and my nuptial chain... I looked in the mirror and was awestruck, this is not Nandini Moorthy, this is Nandini Manik Malhotra.... See Amma Appa, how much I aged in these 2 years, it feels like ages when I actually felt this happy but today with Manik, I actually am... I never thought I would say this but marrying Manik is the best decision I have taken and I promise you guys I won't let you people down.. I will be the best wife and best daughter in law... I promise...

Mukti - Come Nandini, your family has came...😉

I smiled at her and make my way downstairs with her....Neyo mom smiled widely at me and hugged me instantly. Just like always it was warm and full of love....

Neyo -  Just Morning only you left but it feels like so long, since I last saw you... 

Radhika - Right Di, without her the house felt so empty, so silent...

Inaya and Barkha hugged me, while Smaran passed a smile... Everyone is here but I couldn't find Manik, Bhai and Dhruv were also here but he was nowhere to be found....

Smaran - Ahemm ahemm Sister in law, for the person you are looking, is not here. He hasn't came from office yet, he asked us to leave and he will directly join us here.. But now I think I should call him and tell him to come as early as possible cause someone is desperately waiting for you...