Chapter 23

"Oh Well, Whatever, Nevermind..."

August 17, 1991

Los Angeles, CA

"She's a killer queen," I sang lowly to myself as Killer Queen by Queen played through my headphones connected to Dave's Walkman. "Dynamite with a laser beam" It was the first time I have been alone in a while, so I am taking advantage by dancing around the hotel room in my underwear and one of Dave's t-shirts.

The guys were off at morning meetings with their manager to discuss the Smells Like Teen Spirit music video since filming began this evening. It was pretty obvious that everyone is stressed so I offered to stay behind, for my sake and theirs.

Shelli mentioned something last night about getting breakfast, but as far as I knew the girl was still asleep. Exhausted from the long hours in the sun yesterday passing out fliers around town.

My body stiffens when a pair of strong arms wrap around my torso and the right headphone is pushed back slightly, pulling me out of the trance I had been in. "Guaranteed to blow your mind." Dave's soft voice along with the music sent chills down my spine. "Of all things, I didn't expect to come back to the room with this kind of surprise."

"If I knew you'd be back so soon, this wouldn't have been happening." I shudder as his hand cupped one of my breasts, massaging it gently. His lips beginning to also assault my neck with hungry kisses.

"You're so fucking hot Rose," He spun me around, hoisting me up on the nearby dresser so he could stand between my thighs. "Something about you in my clothes is such a turn on." My hands tangle in his hair, hoping to pull his body closer to mine.

"I could say the same to you," Nodding to the familiar Scream t-shirt he'd obviously stolen from my suitcase this morning before he left. "What do you have to say for yourself, Mr.?"

His hand latched around the back of my neck, forcefully pulling my face towards his causing our teeth to clash against one another. We didn't get past him pulling his shirt over my head before a loud knock on the door interrupted us. "Stop fucking like rabbits so we can go guys!"

"Damn it Krist," I mutter trying to slow my heavy breathing. "At this rate I'm never going to get laid again."

Dave brushes a loose strand of hair out of my face, "How do you think I feel? Kurt cock blocks us at home and Krist has the worst timing in the world. I have blue balls Rosemary."

"Novoselic if I were you, I'd leave us the fuck alone for ten minutes." My tone serious as he knocked on the door once again. "Get those pants off we're having a quickie."

---

"How the fuck did I get roped into doing this?" I mutter under my breath to Kurt while motioning to the dark cheerleader outfit I was sporting. "You know damn good and well I'd never be caught dead in something like this Cobain."

Dave chuckles from the leather couch he was perched on across the room. Hands lightly drumming against his thighs as he watched me uncomfortably pull the skirt down, "Awe come on babe. You look... cute."

"Shove it up your ass Grohl," I groan.

Kurt sighs, grabbing the pair of red palm palms from the table in front of us. "Please just do this for us, for me. The last girl is sick, and I need four cheerleaders for the video." His blue eyes were pleading as we held eye contact. "I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. You know this."

"Just ask them to keep the camera off me," I sigh, snatching the red plastic sticks from his hands. "Also, never ask me to do anything for you ever again."