Chapter 27

"Help Me Inhale And Mend It With You"

October 19, 1991

Dallas, TX

"Rose," Kurt raises his voice as I ignore him, continuing my fast pace down another hallway in hopes of losing him. "Rosemary."

I have been ignoring his incessant begging to speak privately for the last two days; always finding some kind of excuse to pull me away from the blond. Today however, Krist and Dave have been whisked off for an interview, leaving me alone with the singer.

I took another right turn, only to come face to face with a brick wall.

Dead end...

"Will you stop ignoring me? It's been three weeks." Kurt looks exhausted, the bags under his eyes becoming more prominent as he trapped me in the corner. I didn't want to speak to him, but what other choice would I have at this rate?

I bring my hand up to the wall, hitting it lightly before resting my forehead against the cool brick. No matter what, I am not going to make this easy for him. The way he acted really hurt me. "I don't want to talk Cobain." His last name felt venomous as it rolled off my tongue.

"Well I'm going to talk and you're just going to have to listen." With that, a hand gripped my waist, spinning me around with ease. "I'm sorry Rose."

I try to dart under his arm, a last-ditch effort to get away, but his grip was too strong. Effortlessly pulling me back and pinning me between the wall and his small frame.

My breath hitches in my throat as our blue eyes meet, reminding me of the day we were so close to kissing in Krist and Shelli's small apartment back in Tacoma.

'Why am I so drawn to you?'

If it wasn't for Dave's interruption, there is no doubt in my mind that Kurt and I would have locked lips in that very moment. Screwing up my relationship even more than it already was at the time.

I wanted to kiss him though.

"Rosemary give me five minutes, okay?" His hands pin my wrists above my head, making it impossible for me to try to escape again. "I am a dick, a complete bastard. I know I am, but I don't want to lose you because I was being stupid. You are important to me."

I knew tears were building behind my eyes, but I do everything I can to ignore them. "Kurt you got so fucking defensive about it. Why wouldn't you expect me to keep pushing the topic? You're important to me too, you know?"

"I..." His grip on me loosens when his head falls on my shoulder in defeat, "I did some heroin back in Seattle."

I pull one hand out of his grip, bringing it down to lightly brush through his blond hair. "I know."

"It- It helps a lot with my stomach." His shaking body and my wet shoulder told me that tears had escaped his eyes, so I pull my other hand free and wrap my arms tightly around him. "Blossom I'm sorry for threatening to kick you off the tour and I'm sorry for calling you a nosey brat. I know you aren't the press; I lost sight of who I can and can't trust."

I knew if I spoke, I'd start to break down as well, so instead I kept silent. Responding through physical affection rather than verbal response.

There was no use in me begging the man to stop using, no matter what I say he is going to do what he wants anyway. If I fight him, he's going to resent me all over again, so the best course of action is to keep an eye on him and hope he makes the right decision on his own eventually.

I just hope it comes sooner rather than later.

---

"I see you and Kurt finally make up," Shelli whispers as the boys waited to take the stage. Krist and Dave were jumping around while Kurt silently played a few notes on his guitar in preparation. "Did it go well?"