CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE: LABELS

The next morning I considered not going to Peter's for our big bingeing session of Stranger Things Season Two

The next morning I considered not going to Peter's for our big bingeing session of Stranger Things Season Two. But I knew that if I didn't go, we wouldn't resolve this Liz-and-our-big-fight issue, and I couldn't stand not talking to Peter. I knew that I'd go completely insane without our sacred friendship. That, and I knew that if I didn't watch the new season with him and Ned, I'd be stuck to watching it with Happy, and he would spend a majority of the show asking me clarifying questions because he doesn't know anything about the show. I also knew he could get unintentionally annoying when it came to watching shows or movies over a long period of time.

When I get to Peter's a whole thirty minutes before he initially scheduled, I do the right thing and walk through the front door of the apartment building, and not going through his window. I even buzz in, rather than do my favorite thing and scaring Peter. After I press the intercom marked 7B, outside the front door, I hear a long beep, followed by Aunt May's cheerful voice through the speaker, "who is it?"

I clear my throat, "it's.. Lila."

"Lila, who..?"

I know she's only teasing. "The only Lila you know."

She chuckles, "oh! Why didn't you just fly in?"

I don't laugh at her joke because it isn't funny.

"Hello? You still there?" She asks and I nod.

"Yep. Still here. Waiting for the door to unlock," I yank at the locked front door and spy A.S.S Guy at his front desk, smirking at me.

"Oh, right. Come on up, I'll let Peter know you're on your way." There's another buzz and the door unlocks right as I yank the handle for the hundredth time. I pass by A.S.S. Guy, doing my best to ignore him, but he tempts me.

"How do you always get in the building?" He asks, looking down at me from across his desk, "you never use the front door and I always see you either with May's kid or Mr. Delmar."

I shrug, "magic."

When I get to the seventh floor I do my best to keep from balling my fists. I didn't want to over heat. It was weird, I wasn't excited or angry, or maybe I was a bit of both, and I just couldn't tell. Either way my hair dared to change to white. I hear my heart pounding in my ears as I approach the 7B door. My legs felt like they were moving in slow motion, approaching the door felt like it was taking a million years. When I finally make it to the door, my eyes shut, and I fight the voice in my head telling me to run. Before I can even take a second chance to think, the door swings open and Peter is looking at me.

He's wearing a Stranger Things t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. There's an apologetic look in his eyes, I do my best to compose myself but before I know it I'm blurting the first words that come to my head.