CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

(no silent readers please!)
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: FINALLY

I should've told Peter about my feelings the night of homecoming

I should've told Peter about my feelings the night of homecoming. I should've told him not to date Liz, and that I thought we would make a better couple. We both could've dodged a bullet if I had told him way back when.

Now, I knock on his apartment door, after he's done with school on Wednesday. We established a front door rule this morning. Or, more Aunt May forced us, after she found out about our kiss. Our second one. Just thinking about it puts an uncontrollable grin on my face. At last, the door swings open, and I'm grinning at May now. "Hi, Lila," she's grinning like she knows everything, and I know she knows everything because Peter told me he told her everything. "Are you here to see Peter?"

I hear Peter's voice from inside the apartment, as he groans, "May!" He sounds preoccupied, but annoyed while he asks, "are you acting weird? You said you wouldn't act weird."

"Calm down Peter! I'm not being weird!" She yells back to him before pulling the door shut and whispering to me, "I'm so happy you two made up. You know, Peter has been head over heels for you since he met you! I can't believe it took you guys so long to finally"-

I have to interrupt her. I'm afraid that if I don't she won't stop talking, "could I come in..?"

"Of course," she swings the door open, "this place is just as much your home as it is mine."

I grin as she closes the door behind me. My eyes scan Peter's half-open bedroom door, and I turn to glance at May, "just so you know.. I won't tell Peter about you and Happy."

An odd look crosses her face, but when I see embarrassment I confirm that there is something going on between the two of them. She opens her mouth, and for the first time, I see her frazzled, "um wh- what do you mean by that? What do you know?"

Peter's door swings open, "what are you guys whispering about?" He comes out of his room right as I shrug at May.

"Nothing," I tell him briefly before turning away from May and meeting Peter at his bedroom door. I face him and feel my lips develop into a content smile. "Hi."

"Hi." He grins back bashfully before pressing his lips together then quickly leans in to peck my lips with his own. My eyes brighten as bright as my cheeks as we both pull away in sync and turn to May who hasn't taken her eyes off of me.

Her hands are pressed to her mouth to suppress her happiness, "it's so amazing you two finally"-

"Okay, May, we get it," Peter attempts to brush her off, "now, can you stop watching us?"

I turn to go into Peter's room, but before he can shut his door, May snaps her finger. "Hey, what'd we talk about? Door open."

"We agreed on ajar," he reminds her, but nevertheless keeps the door cracked halfway open. I settle on the floor, in front of the sea of homework he's displayed on the carpet. He's organized each assignment by subject and due date.

An Assassin Without A Plan ₃ → PETER PARKER On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara