CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY: FIREWORKS

Really, no one ever tells you what to wear to these functions

Really, no one ever tells you what to wear to these functions. In this case I mean karaoke, what are you supposed to wear to karaoke? And why would you want to engage in something that has such a silly name? Laura says that a nice dress would be suitable, Clint votes that I wear sweatpants and a hoodie, Nate thinks I should go in pajamas, Cooper thinks I should wear my hair in braids, and Penelope is confident that I should listen to her. I originally called to check up on Clint, but now I was on speaker phone and the whole family was talking to me while I looked through my closet.

"You need to wear something that you feel comfortable in," Penelope concludes and I pause from splitting my hair down the middle and wearing braids. "At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you look like, it matters how you feel."

Laura pipes up, "that's true, but Peter is going to remember what you wear."

I pause from grabbing my black jeans that I have already worn once this week. Should I wear a dress instead? "He is!?"

"No, guys don't care about that stuff," Clint scoffs into the phone, I hear his voice fade as he looks away to ask Cooper, "right, Coop?"

"Right," he agrees, "wear whatever you want Lila."

I pause from looking in my closet and ask myself why I'm even bothering to stress over what to wear in the first place. Penelope was right, what matters is how I feel, and I feel like not giving a damn about what Peter would rather see me in. I don't know why I was even worried in the first place, I needed to be focusing on not liking him instead of working so hard on trying to find the right outfit.

MJ texts me that she's ready and I grab my phone from off the floor. "I've got to go guys, but I will call you after!"

"Have a good time sweetie!" Laura swoons.

Clint reminds me, "be safe tonight!"

Penelope and Cooper chime together in perfect harmony, "have fun..!"

Nate squeals, "wear the pajamas! Wear the pajamas!"

I laugh, telling them all goodbye before hanging up and pulling together a last minute outfit.

Peter's POV
It might not have been my best idea to invite Harry to karaoke night. For starters, Ned officially only invited MJ, Lila and I - even though I asked him if it were okay if Harry tagged along and he said it was fine - I still felt weird about it. Not to mention Harry's mild obsession with Lila.