CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: REMEMBER ME?

Going to California with Peter made me feel like I was over the moon for many reasons

Going to California with Peter made me feel like I was over the moon for many reasons. The first being that Venom would finally get to meet Peter. After my shower I called Eddie to let him know the change of plans.

"Wait- wait so you get kidnapped by some delirious old man and you call to say that you're still coming.. and that you're bringing Peter?" Eddie clarified over the phone when my call woke him up. Regardless of the time difference he answered the phone and before I spoke he quickly added, "who happens to officially be your boyfriend now. Which side note, I'm happy you two are roughing it out together. And I appreciate you still being able to come, despite the fact that you were abducted against your will. And this goes without saying but.. are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Eddie." I shrug, "this seems to be how my life works whenever we're near one another. Somehow I always get kidnapped."

He hums a humorless laugh, "we'll make sure to keep a close eye on you at the party. You, your uncle and your boyfriend." I hear him chuckle, "no, Venom, we still can't eat Peter. Not unless Lila says we can."

My nap was three hours but it felt like three minutes. After saying a quick hello to Penelope and giving her a tight hug I excused myself explaining that I was too exhausted from school to eat. Now that Harry knew the truth, all we had to do now was manage to keep Peter's secret a secret. I took a long, much needed shower then wrapped myself up in the clean comforters of my bed.

By the time I woke up, it was Pepper gently nudging my shoulder and whispering that the jet was almost ready. I nodded, rolling out of bed and stuffing my shoes into my sandals. After my shower I had dressed to sleep in the clothes that I would wear in the flight. That way I could finish sleeping on the plane and I wouldn't have to change into uncomfortable jeans. I don't feel completely awake until I'm done brushing my teeth. With the kick from my minty breath I'm wide awake.

In the hallway, my suit case strolling behind me I listen for other commotion in the complex. The guest bedroom light clicks off. Harry's awake. I wait and listen but no sounds come from Uncle Tony's room or Happy's usual place at the kitchen table. When I round the corner Harry is leaning against the hallway wall, as if expecting me. "Tony asked me to wait for you," he tells me as if answering the question I never said out loud.

I just nod, still sorting out how raw my feelings still felt in regards to Harry. Norman Osborne's story had crossed my dreams during sleep, pondering what I would do if I were in Harry's position. If Clint were so hell bent on being healthy again that it led him to insanity, would I stay by his side? If I take anything from this it is that Harry's loyalty could never be questioned. In the family sense. For friends, I had yet to discover his loyalty.