CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: WEAKNESS

Based on the given circumstances, I was surprised that I was on time to meet Peter

Based on the given circumstances, I was surprised that I was on time to meet Peter. I had barely left the Safe House just in time. When Nate got home he was so happy to see me Laura had to pry him off my legs so I could get on Ninja. I promised him I would see him soon, but he was so sad to see me go.

I'm sitting at the top of the Empire State Building at exactly four, as promised. I'm looking over the city, scanning my eyes for any wrong doings. My focus is cut short when I hear Peter's attempt to sneak up on me. The sound of his spider web always gives him away in his attempt to surprise me. But I play along, until he's right behind me and I spin around and spook him. "Boo!" I yell before he has the chance to grab me.

He yells, falling back with fear, but I catch his hand before he completely falls over. Once he's caught his breath, he scoffs, "how did you know I was here? I was so quiet!"

"Did you forget who you were scaring Peter?" I smirk at him, raising my eyebrow, before lowering our hands.

"Yeah yeah," he mumbles before grinning and looking down at our hands. He longingly stares at our hands running his finger tips across my palms gently and trailing his hands up my arms which are warming up at his swift contact beneath my long sleeve black t-shirt. His voice is barely over a whisper, or at least that's how it sounds over my heart rate, when he asks, "how was visiting your family?"

He's not even kissing me and my hair has already sparked to white. I don't know what's wrong with me. He doesn't stop stroking my arms, his soft eyes remains on his fingers that now trail back down my arms. He registers the change of color in my hair but that doesn't stop him what he's doing. "They're.. they're good," I whisper back. All I can think is what the hell is this boy doing to me? So I ask. "Peter what're doing?"

His eyes flicker to mine and the confidence that was there moments ago completely disappears, and he steps away. "S- Sorry..," he mumbles lowering his head and looking away from me, "I- I didn't didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I.. I sorta got caught up and I"-

"It's okay," I tell him taking his hands in mine and inspecting his palms, "I just didn't know you could do that. How did you do that?" I raise my eyes and squint at him. Did he have these powers to allure me all along? How hadn't I noticed?

"Do what?" He chuckles, looking down at his own hands and the way I inspect them.

I'm looking at his palms when I say, "make me feel all warm and tingly with your hands." Now I finally look him in the eye, "I didn't know you had those powers."

He chuckles lightly, "Li, those aren't powers. I mean, sure- yeah they- they could be but it's..," he lowers his hands trying to find the right words, "I can't do that to anyone else, Li."