CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: PHYSICAL EDUCATION

** THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS SEXUAL THEMES THAT SOME AUDIENCES MAY NOT FIND SUITABLE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED **

Even in gym class, my fame seemed to follow me

Even in gym class, my fame seemed to follow me. In the locker room, girls surrounded me asking question after question. Their questions ranged from what shampoo I use to my favorite food to how it felt to beat up Flash.

"I didn't beat him up," I answered through the chaos of the mob. Their questions continued to fire off.

"What's your zodiac sign?"

"Why do you always get dressed in the bathroom?"

"Who's your celebrity crush?"

"Is it true you and Peter has sex in shop class today?"

"What does Tony Stark smell like?"

A whistle blew from the doorway of the gym. Our gym teacher stood on the other side of the wall, not entering the room, but yelling into the hallway so his echo could be heard by all of us. "Hey, girls, I'm fascinated by the fact that Tony Stark's niece is at school with us too. But I've got a job to do, and I need you girls out here in order to do it."

I wait for my entourage to leave, and once it's safe I go to the bathroom stall where I can safely dress myself. The moment I'm dressed, I scurry out of the locker room to find my seat beside MJ. Beside her is Harry, then Ned, then Peter. I look past the bodies between us, when he gives me a worried look, I mouth 'I'm okay'.

Our physical education teacher gives us the same speech he always does. The advantages of cardio, weight lifting, and exercising as a whole. He was beginning to sound like a broken record. At times like this during his speech I usually just hum a few songs in my head or do something that could occupy my thoughts long enough for me to get through these grueling thirty minutes. By the time I started counting the bricks in the wall across the room, the teacher's whistle brings me back to reality.

I follow the crowd off the bleachers, then look to MJ for answers, "what're we doing?"

"Cardio, abs, or ropes," she points across the room to where the blue mats have been pulled out, above the mats is a rope that falls from the ceiling. "I vote cardio. You know he can't actually make us run."

"Sounds like a plan to me," I laugh under my breath as we begin our usual route around the gym together.

MJ, for once, doesn't have her book, meaning she was either done reading it or she had something she wanted to talk about. "So, the Harry guy's.. definitely into you."