CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN: UNPLUG

**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS AN INMENSE AMOUNT OF ANGST. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Not going to Uncle Tony in the first place about Liz might have been a mistake

Not going to Uncle Tony in the first place about Liz might have been a mistake. I say 'might' because I never make mistakes. But in the off chance that Peter's girlfriend was secretly scheming against him, I guess in this chance I might be wrong. Might.

The morning after the Halloween party I get up a little earlier than normal. The second my eyes open I check my phone to see if Peter has texted me. He did not. Now, it was nearing seven o'clock in the morning, I was drying my hair from the shower and he still hadn't texted me. I huff, walking away from my phone, and running my heated palm through my wet hair. Water steamed from my hair as I added my other bright palm, and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to think of what to tell Peter. I knew I would definitely tell him the truth. I would tell him everything about Liz. About her and that file that Igor has given her. And.. I can't believe it, but I need to tell him how I feel. I need to tell him I like him more than a friend. And that Liz isn't good for him. I'm tired of lying to him, and it is clear that Liz is coming in between the two of us. And I wanted her gone already. I needed to finally come clean. Just thinking of saying the words out loud made my head feel a little too light.

A knock on my door causes me to wrap my towel around my body a little tighter, although I had both a sports bra and underwear on underneath, I always kept a towel on until I was fully clothed. Uncle Tony has barged into my room once, unannounced and saw me in my underwear, he saw the scars on my stomach and back, and didn't look at me the same for the rest of the day. The look of pity lingered in his eyes, and made me feel weird. "Yes?" I ask, standing from my bed, my hair brown and dry.

Uncle Tony opens the door slowly, his eyes shielded by both his hands, "are you dressed?"

I walk into my closet, "working on it," I announce to him before shutting the door and pulling on my black skinny jeans and black long sleeved shirt. I emerge from my closet, pulling my hair from out of my shirt, and find Uncle Tony sitting at my desk, folding a sheet of clean white paper. "Okay, I'm dressed now."

He turns away from the sheet of paper, then reveals an all-knowing look as he asks, "so, how was the party last night? I noticed you were here an hour before curfew. Alone."

I snap my eyes at him, in search of his double meaning while I turn off the light in my closet, "what do you mean by 'alone'?"

"I thought MJ was spending the night."

I shake my head, "no. I took her home." My head rushes back to last night, the fog of ickiness settle over my body and I stand across from Uncle Tony before leaning my back against the wall. "There's actually something I want to talk to you about. It's about the party last night."