CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE POWER OF A KISS

***WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS MENTIONS OF DRUGS, AND REFERENCES TO SEXUAL THEMES. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Eventually, Peter finally did text me to pick him up

Eventually, Peter finally did text me to pick him up. Two. Hours. Later. I drive to his location, annoyed, and wearing high heels. It's my first time wearing such high heels, but the extra height gives me an odd sense of power. Especially on Ninja. Tonight, the heels are a simple black, and skinny heels. I have ideas to wear a pair of heels that match Ninja in the near future. But tonight I stick with the black heels that match my black turtle neck, for pants I chose my navy blue jeans.

I stay in the front of the mall, glancing at the clock once more. I was supposed to meet MJ at seven, and I still had to drop Peter off. Just as I'm about to call him, I see him coming out of the front of the mall, a new backpack on his back, and a bag full of clothes clutched in his left hand. He has a new radiance in his face, he looks better. Where sadness used to drag down his face, there's a difference, I wouldn't say he's back to his happy self again, but he didn't look as dark. His radiance shifts into a different emotion when he notices me. I'm not sure what the first look is, but I know soon after he has his all-too-familiar 'why are you looking at me like that?' Look.

When he approaches Ninja, he takes in my entire look, then opens his mouth, "uh.. hi."

"'Hi?'" I repeat his choice of words, or rather word, while raising my eyebrow in disbelief.

He scratches the back of his head then says, "thanks for coming to pick me up, Lila. Is that what you wanted me to say..?"

I shut my eyes and tell myself not to yell. I was a better person, one who didn't immediately resort to anger. Instead I exhaled and choose the high road and hold him, "I'm glad you're okay Peter."

Peter rose his eyebrow in disbelief, "you're not going to yell at me..? For being kidnapped.. and then making you come and get me..?" He swirls his thumbs together, keeping his eyes down, looking suddenly guilty.

I shake my head, my arms crossed keeping myself from exploding. "No, Peter I'm not going to yell," I chuckle, then nod to his bag full of newly purchased items. "Did you rob the place with your new best friend?" I can't say that apart of me was a little bitter that Peter chose hanging out with Deadpool over me. But I wasn't a jealous person.

Peter scoffs sarcastically, shaking his head, "no, no, we didn't rob the place. Deadpool actually bought all this stuff for me, it was nice to sort of be away from everything for a little while," he tells me and my ears burn when I realize I was a part of 'everything' and he wanted to be away from me. Peter then adds, "and he's not my best friend. You are. Duh." He teases and pokes me in the arm.

I chuckle and push his hand away, but he wraps his finger around my palm and he holds my right hand in his own. My cheeks blaze at the sudden contact, and for a long moment Peter just holds my hand and grins at our contact, but the second his index fingers skims my palm and traces up my wrist, I cleared my throat, trying to calm my heart and thoughts, "so.. uhm.. are you- are you ready for the party..?"