CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: TRUCE

Apparently having a roommate means that boundaries suddenly become imaginary

Apparently having a roommate means that boundaries suddenly become imaginary. I'd never had a roommate, unless I count rooming with Peter a life time ago in Germany, but at least that was fun. Having Harry as a roommate felt like a punishment. The night he moved in, I had planned to do a Night Patrol with Peter. But instead I got caught trying to sneak out by Harry.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked when he saw me come out of my room, dressed in all black with the keys to Ninja in my hand.

I sighed with annoyance, seeing him in the kitchen in leisure clothes, but his smirk staying on his face. The past day and a half with Harry living with us was a serious threat to my schedule. In the morning, he drove us to school, which resulted in us being late. After school he demanded that we work out together, which through a wrench into my training schedule. Now he was trying to poke his head into my super other lifestyle, "none of your business."

He had just finished eating a bowl of cereal, "sounds great, I'll tag along." After setting his bowl in the sink, he skipped to be on the heels of my feet as I made my way down the dim lit hall. This made me pause from going any further down the hall. When I turned around to see if he were being serious he had a smirk on his face, "you're totally going to see Peter."

"It's for our internship. Which deals with classified information," I told him, poking him in his stupid chest that he feels the need to puff out in every conversation we have together. "Which is none of your business."

Harry looked down at where I poked him in his chest, then uncrosses his arms in hopes of towering down at me, "I doubt Tony would mind. He did tell me to make myself at home," he reminds me, then with the jut of his index finger he reaches to flick a loose strand of hair over my shoulder when he jokingly added, "roomie."

I don't let him set a finger on me because something snaps within the moment I see his hand reaching for me. So I did what I do best and take his wrist and twist it, then flip him over my shoulder. His body makes a satisfying thud on the floor, making me smile to myself. Soon after he surprises me by taking my wrist and skillfully flipping me over, just as I did with him moments ago. I'm staring at the ceiling, baffled, trying to figure out how he just pinned me to the ground by twisting my wrist. Before he has a chance to physically pin me down beneath him, I roll from off the ground and stand in my ready position across from him. Now I'm the skeptical one of him, when I spit, "how'd you do that?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he chuckles, like we're two kids having a friendly wrestle, and stands from off the floor. With ease, he brushes off his pants then shrugs, "maybe I have beginner's luck."