Chapter fifteen

Sol stumbles through the gates of the Aura of Magic. He has read about it in books but looking at it in real life is a whole other experience. He feels as if he's walking amongst the ruins of old roman show grounds. The entire sky depicts otherworldly galaxies and the stars seem to shine ten times brighter. Thunder and lightning hit across the skyscape which leaves Sol with mixed feelings about this place.

He walks over to the center where there's a cloaked figure standing behind a vintage carnival stand. He sees no face. He shoves his hands into his pockets while he waits. He feels something in his left pocket which is really odd since her almost never keeps things in his pockets.

He pulls out the object and is stunned to see it. The knight chess piece that he's been keeping at his bedside for his entire life. He studies it curiously before reluctantly putting it on the table. The cloaked figure's hand takes it in one swift motion and leaves a key ring in its place. The key ring looks like nothing special. It's made to look like a normal knights helmet. She shoves this into his pocket and starts walking to the door that appears suddenly, hoping for it to be an exit. Without a second glance back, he shuts the door.

Seconds later, Kai wanders through the gates and studies the landscape. He looks down at his hand and sees that he's holding a bundle of dying thistle flowers. Fear splashes over at his face when he recognizes the type of flowers and runs towards the counter, almost throwing it over. He just wants to get rid of the flowers. Once they're out of sight, he proceeds to look for an exit but before he can move away from the counter, a gloved hand reaches out and pulls him back.

He feels as if his arm is being burned but he doesn't make a sound because he knows no one is listening. Once the pain stops, he pulls his hand away and stares at his new tattoo which resembles a dagger across his forearm.

He runs his hand over the tattoo as he walks towards the exit. He thought things couldn't get weirder but they just did. He thinks this tattoo is completely useless only because he doesn't know its full capabilities yet.

Moments of silence pass before a confused Milo shuffles through the entrance. He's amused by the odd sky. He walks over to the counter and leans over on his elbow as if he's expecting the figure to talk to him.

No words are spoken. The figure reveals its open hand towards Milo who assumes he need to pay for information. He reaches for his wallet but finds no money inside. All that's left is his favorite guitar pic which he used when he first performed in front of an audience and gained his confidence. Even though the experience was all thanks to Sonii, he keeps the pic as a reminder of the moment he became himself.

He plays with the pic in his hand before dropping into the figure's hand, which emerges afterwards with a cuff bracelet. Milo doesn't give it a moments though as he slips it on his wrist and moves towards the exit.

Antonio is the last of the boys. He sees his brother heading for the door and runs towards him but is too late. He moves towards the counter quickly so he can get his exchange over with and catch up to Milo.

To everyone's surprise, he knew exactly what he is giving up. He slides his bottle of pills: the ones that control his personality sways, over towards the figure who returns a shard of broken glass. He looks at it curiously and walks towards the exit, content that he will find its meaning when it's necessary.

Hello my lovelies
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️
*hugs readers*
Don't forget to vote and comment 😉 I'd love to hear what you have to say!